Collection Specialist (Bangkok based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Collections function within the Credit Risk and Collections team is responsible for overdue collections from hotel partners for various product offerings. This is done using a blended approach of utilizing the in house collections team and external debt collection companies and law firms. This team is expanding, and we are looking for a Collections Specialist – to be part of our inhouse collection team. This role will be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
As a Collections Specialist, you would be working closely with our hotel partners to ensure collection of outstanding balances owed to Agoda. This will be an Individual contributor role and you will also get the opportunity to work in close coordination with different stakeholders across Agoda. Additionally, you will also contribute and improve operational and collection efficiency in your respective domain, collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement value add ideas into practice. You will also get a chance to work on other important projects being run within the team.
In this role, you’ll be required to:
- Recovers overdue B2B payments from partners via calls and emails
- Negotiating repayment plans, and encouraging partners to find alternative payment solutions.
- Meet the monthly assigned collection & outreach targets.
- Approach challenges in a passionate, innovative, and decisive manner.
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as an ability to work independently.
- Establish contact with hotel owners/ management personnel and negotiate effectively to collect the outstanding balance owed to Agoda.
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders to verify payments and accurately record payments in the system.
- Taking initiative and capable devising innovative solutions to enhance collection rates.
- Contribute with effective ideas to automate manual processes and work with key stakeholders on implementing identified solutions.
- Assist operational activities within the team, including but not limited to preparation of reports, data submissions etc.
What you’ll Need to Succeed
- 1 – 8 years of debt collection background.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel
- Must be confident, proactive and take personal ownership.
- Skilled in negotiation.
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Approach challenges in a passionate, innovative, determine and decisive manner.
- Ability to work efficiently & independently, and to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Passionate and a fast learner in line with Agoda values.
- Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.