Senior Finance Project Manager – New Business Initiative (Bangkok Based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
We are looking for a talented, results-oriented Senior Finance Project Manager to join our growing Project Management Office – New Business Initiatives team. You will have the opportunity to drive the implementation of these initiatives for Finance by partnering with IT finance, Product, Legal, Partner Services, Customer Experience Group and Marketing.
You are expected to have strong presence and provide your finance point of view clearly and convincingly to other stakeholders. You must be comfortable working independently, dealing with ambiguity, be organized and possess effective interpersonal skills to successfully partner with the cross functional teams. Your ability to influence, communicate and drive change and value to the business will be critical.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Manage project and implement various company-wide strategic initiatives as well as Finance internal projects.
- Think through the implications to various finance functions (accounting, tax, operations, treasury, commercial, financial systems, risk & control etc.) and drive all the work streams to complete deliverables in line with commitments.
- Gather requirements from Finance and collaborate with different departments to optimize on the processes and workflows. Make key decisions such as shifting priorities, feature change requests.
- Identify opportunities to eliminate or standardize activities and automate where possible – make finance and related processes as simple and effective as possible (keeping internal customer in mind).
- Ensure constant communication and calibration between project teams and other stakeholders at regular intervals
- Represent finance on a cross-functional integration team internal and external with strong influence to ensure that they incorporate finance requirements into the product development.
- Ensure timely progress and achievement of project milestones and goals by coordinating different workstreams, identifying risks, troubleshooting, and proposing mitigation plans.
- Assist with UAT testing, collaborate with finance users, tech and Product.
- Ensure that the projects will go live smoothly, and any post-launch issues will be resolved promptly.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years project management experience in tech industry, e-commerce for strategy initiatives, finance operational, business analysis with a proven track record of driving transformational initiatives through successful execution.
- Extensive stakeholder management experience and ability to influence stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other university degree specialization accompanied with professional accounting qualification
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, multicultural, and high intensity environment.
- Comfortable working with uncertainty and experimentation in a high-velocity environment
- Ability to work on technical projects with Product Management and Tech Team
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem solving, influencing and change management skills. Ability to think out of the box and make judgement calls.
- Attention to details, self-motivating with continuous improvement mindset. High learning agility. Ability to ask the right questions to ensure speed and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and planning skills with solid interpersonal skills
- High level of dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. Strong business acumen.
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience working closely with Product and IT
- Experience working in finance cross-functions (accounting, operations, treasury, FP&A, financial systems, etc.)
#LI-NS2 #Taipei #Hongkong #Singapore #Kualalumpur #Shanghai #Beijing #Tokyo #Seoul #Hanoi #Bangkok #Phuket
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.