Product Designer (6-month contract. Bangkok-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
We believe in making it easier for everyone to experience the world.
You will be working with a team that’s passionate about the core guest experience, turning original concepts into compelling interactive experiences that resonate with a global audience. We’re looking for you to define solutions that improve the guest booking experience across our Agoda products, collaborating with cross-functional partners.
What’s product design like at Agoda?
Typically, product designers at Agoda work alongside a product manager, 6-8 engineers, researchers, and cross-functional partners. Together they drive their own part of Agoda, deliver solutions to problems and get feedback directly from customers and internal partners.
- Maintain up-to-date product master files and design libraries reflecting the current status of Agoda products.
- Collaborate closely with product squads to enhance experiences for both Agoda consumers and hotel partners.
- Work alongside funnel designers to ensure alignment and create a unified and cohesive experience.
- Conduct industry-wide benchmarking across Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) and assist in summarizing key highlights and trends.
- Develop prototypes for user testing purposes and actively participate in user interviews while documenting insightful notes.
Help us understand your vision for this role. What gaps will this position fill? How will this role support business goals?
We are constantly looking for ways to optimize the core funnel experience across accommodation, flights, and activities. We have several squad teams focus on vertical area including Search & Discover, Select & Compare and Book & Pay. We also have squads which span across the customer journey. The designer on the horizontal squad would play a critical role in aligning with vertical teams to drive scalable solutions while meeting business objectives.
Qualities we value in designers:
- Strong Visual and UI Skills: Proficiency in creating visually appealing and user-friendly interfaces that enhance the user experience.
- Systematic Thinking or Experience with Design Systems: The ability to think systematically and/or prior experience in developing and maintaining design systems. This ensures consistency, scalability, and efficiency in design workflows.
- Effective Articulation of Ideas and Design Solutions: The capability to clearly communicate and articulate design concepts and solutions, fostering better collaboration and understanding among team members.
- Expressing Feedback with Kindness and Candor: Providing constructive feedback in a respectful and empathetic manner, promoting a positive and supportive work environment conducive to growth and improvement.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement. (link to https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.