Business Intelligence Developer (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As a BI Developer, you will collaborate closely with product managers, business users and engineering to understand business requirements, analyze data and provide data solutions. Good stakeholder management and the ability to communicate clearly will be key success factors. The candidate will gain a deeper understanding of data pipelines of our new product funnels. Development and ownership of the end-to-end process is expected.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Analyze new product funnels data, specifically Flights, Activities and Vehicles.
- Understand frontend and analytics data flows and structures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze and solve frontend and experimentation issues.
- Design and develop data solutions, such as data warehousing on Big Data platforms using ETL and visualization tools.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in IT, Mathematics, Statistic, Analytics, or other related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in Business Intelligence or Data Analysis area.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written in English), with proven ability to convey complex messages clearly to stakeholders.
- Experience in ETL tools, data warehouse design, data modeling, and visualization.
- Strong SQL command and the ability to write complex queries on big data sets.
- Quick learner, problem-solving aptitude, effective prioritization, proactive and strong attention to detail.
- High sense of ownership and growth mindset.
- Self-motivated, ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
It’s Great If You Have
- Intellectually curious, fast and self-driven learner on areas including new business models, analytical techniques, technical skills etc.
- Experience with large scale data platforms (Hadoop, Impala, Spark, Vertica).
- Experience in business analysis or data modeling. Other languages e.g., Python/R/Scala will be helpful.
Equal Opportunity Employer