Business Development Manager – (based in Osaka)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know Our Team:
Agoda is a travel booking platform and accommodation is at our core. As our accommodation partners are a key to our success, we work hard to ensure their success. We serve as consultants, offering guidance on how best to excel on Agoda’s commercial platform. An integral part of Agoda’s Supply team, we are direct contributors to what makes Agoda one of the market leaders because we understand accommodation needs and offer innovative solutions. From Bangkok to London and beyond, our team has footprints in over 50 locations around the world. With the help of industry-leading technology, we work and collaborate globally to bring together the best ideas from diverse perspectives. The team invests in long-term relationships that spans borders and cultures and results in incredible value for Agoda, our partners, and our customers.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be the main contact between our accommodation partners and Agoda to drive the uptick of inbound travelers. You will own a set of hotel accounts, and have the responsibility to become the specialist that supports the growth of inbound bookings in Japan, nurturing the relationship with key supply partners in your portfolio to drive mutual growth. A key responsibility in developing our business is the ability to identify and acquire new sources of supply with a wide range of product offerings within an assigned territory while maintaining existing relationships.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
This role is based in Tokyo. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Own the growth of inbound bookings across your portfolio, working closely with hotel partners
- Become the specialist of inbound consumer trends & market updates and demonstrate to partners that Agoda is a trusted partner to grow their business with other global markets
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers at accommodation partners
- Gather local market intelligence and support the development of new products and concepts by sharing feedback and gathering user requirements based on your market
- Own the roll-out of new products and concept to support partners’ growth with global origin bookings
- Develop strategic insights based on qualitative market feedback and quantitative analysis to propel our growth, and leverage analytical and problem-solving skills to identify new opportunities to grow Agoda’s global origin business
- Share best practices from your market with peers from other markets
- Prepare materials to aid in growing our business during partner meetings
- Respond to partners requests in a timely and effective manner
- Educate and empower the rest of your local Supply teams on inbound market trends, tools available, how to handle partners’ objections and share data insights
- Lead the development and roll-out of the campaign calendar for your local market, coordinating with Marketing and Strategic Partnerships teams
- Be the go-to person for your country on everything inbound-related
- Own reporting to Country and Central Leadership on KPI progress to showcase successes and highlight potential opportunities or blockers where support is needed
- Works closely with the central team to establish and implement Outbound strategies for the local market
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in business development and/or account management
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence both external / internal stakeholders
- Experience in internet/e-commerce preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Keen interest in growing your knowledge on inbound travel trends
- Team player with a professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Proven success in acquiring, building & maintaining long term customer relationships
- Adapts well to change and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create new, innovative ideas
- Strong Proficiency in English and Japanese
It’s Great if you have:
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience in Travel industry
- Conversational or Fluent Mandarin level
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.