[Tech Cooperative Internship] Data Engineering Intern (6 months)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Within our team, we are dedicated to developing and maintaining the engines that power machine-learning-driven systems for content deduplication. This involves a fusion of machine learning models, Spark jobs executed on Hadoop clusters, and a user-friendly back-office UI component accessible to our internal business users. Our systems span multiple data centers and operate across hundreds of machines. Our primary challenges revolve around accommodating the continuous expansion of features and business needs while meeting the SLA and scale demands of the systems.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Collaborate with seasoned engineers and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and develop new data systems from inception to deployment.
- Engage with the diverse tools and components of the Agoda Data Platform.
- Enhance the scalability, stability, and speed of existing applications.
- Diagnose and rectify production issues.
- Work closely with other teams to foster collaboration.
- Explore and share insights into new technologies across the organization.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Passion for data and problem-solving on a large scale.
- Basic proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, or any functional/OO languages. Our primary coding language is Scala.
- “Can do” attitude.
- Eagerness to learn something new every day.
It’s Great If You Have
- Any prior experience.
- Experience working with big data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop).
- SQL knowledge.
#students #singapore #cooperativeinterns
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.