Reconciliation Analyst (Bangkok-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
The individual will have a chance to be part of some of Agoda’s key projects and play a significant role in monitoring and analysis of the financial data involved. The individual will be mainly responsible for reconciliation and validation of data relating to Agoda’s financial operations such as payments, bookings, and receipts, and contribute to designing new and enhancing existing processes to improve financial data integrity.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Perform financial reconciliations for transactions from various sources;
- Analyze, interpret and investigate data discrepancies in a methodological approach and prepare reports to various stakeholders;
- Effectively communicate the result of investigation to relevant stakeholders;
- Be proactive in identifying issues, recognizing the patterns of a problem and collaborate with other stakeholders to provide short/medium/long term solutions;
- Contribute to design new and enhance existing programs and processes in order to ensure the accuracy of data;
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline;
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Finance, Accounting or Consulting or a related area
- Strong Excel skills is a must;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, strong English is a must;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze, significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to think out of the box;
- Data driven and process oriented;
- Adaptable and fast learner who can work independently in a dynamic work environment.
Visa sponsorship and relocation for this role would not be provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.