Senior Manager / Senior Area Manager, Business Development – Strategic Partnerships (India) (Gurgaon-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know our Team:
Strategic Partnerships is a team of creative entrepreneurs that develop solutions for Agoda and other Booking Holdings brands’ partners and promote our top and bottom-line growth. We design tailored business and product solutions with our partners and help them generate measurable value. Members of our team are empowered and supported to grow their market(s) or accounts. We develop win-win relationships and leverage both Agoda and Booking Holdings’ unique travel product portfolio and tech solutions to bring our partners the advantages they seek. Utilizing our strong brand and resources, we build new channels to increase the visibility of Agoda and the other group companies, introducing more travelers to our great products and services and delivering significant revenues to the overall business.
The Senior Manager/ Senior Area Manager, Strategic Partnerships is a business development centric role, to drive growth and revenues through acquiring a wide array of third parties and distribution channels (e.g., Wholesalers, OTAs. Banks, Airlines, Loyalty programs, Online Affiliates, Ecommerce platform). This person will play a pivotal role in identifying new business opportunities and relevant stakeholders, building, and executing strategic partnerships, and expanding our multiple brands market presence (e.g., Agoda and Booking.com) at Booking Holdings, across South Asian markets, focusing primarily on India. This person will also be responsible for achieving new revenue targets and work closely with operations and technical teams to execute ambitious expansion activities.
This position is based out of our Gurgaon Office.
Roles and responsibilities:
- New partner acquisition to increase travel booking distribution channels and brand exposure.
- Generate high-quality new opportunities and evaluate their potential for meaningful business collaborations, ensuring a beneficial partnership.
- Identify and qualify potential partners through outbound prospecting, networking, and leveraging industry relationships.
- Develop and implement effective lead generation strategies to expand the partner pipeline.
- Spearhead negotiations with potential partners to secure agreements that align with the group business objectives.
- Lead the partnership lifecycle from initial contact to contract signing, ensuring a smooth transition to the execution phase.
- Develop and refine commercial models to assess partnership opportunities, considering revenue projections, cost implications, and return on investment.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify potential partners, market trends, and competitive landscape. Analyze industry insights to develop a deep understanding of potential collaborators and opportunities.
- Successfully influence and manage key internal stakeholders, upwards and cross-functionally, to set and drive common objectives and achieve business impact.
What you will need to Succeed
- Proven sales/ business development and/or partner acquisition track record, preferably in the Travel Industry.
- 7+ years of work experience in business development field.
- Strong lead generation, negotiation, and communication skills, with a results-driven mindset.
- Excellent understanding of the Internet & Travel trends
- Experience in interacting with external senior level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to learn fast and understand software products.
- Experience in managing B2B Partnerships is a plus.
- Native proficiency in local language.
Personality or Traits:
- Self-motivated person with “Get it done!” attitude.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Able to work independently.
#BD #SALES #STRA #Gurgaon #3 #4
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.