Specialist Counsel, Employment (Bangkok-based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know our Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
Based in our Bangkok office and reporting to Agoda’s Director of Employment Law, you will handle global employment issues for Agoda. By nature, you must be curious, collaborative, research-oriented and prompt enabling you to provide practical and clear legal advice in a fast-paced environment.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Provide global legal advice to the People Team (HR) on all aspects of employment law including: recruiting and hiring, contract drafting and review, employee handbook revisions, compensation, employee benefits, immigration, misconduct investigations, performance based actions, disciplinary actions (warnings, terminations), separations, restructures, restrictive covenants, M&A support, etc.
- Build scalable and sustainable processes, policies and frameworks for providing legal input
- Manage outside counsel on advisory matters and employment related litigation
- Coordinate with the Compliance & Ethics Team as needed on employment matters
- Support employee relations and DEI initiatives of the company
- Develop and advise on management and employee training programs
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Degree in law from a reputable institute
- At least 4+ years of employment law experience preferably both in a law firm and in-house
- Ability to speak and write in English clearly and fluently. Any other languages are a major plus
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience working in APAC
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional judgment and client relationship skills
- Experience with compliance programs and functions
#LI-DN2 #LGL #shanghai #beijing #shenzhen #hongkong #bangalore #newdelh i#jakarta #bali #bandung #kualalumpur #manila #singapore #taipei #tainan #taichung #kaohsiung #bangkok #hcmc #hanoi #Phuket
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.