Finance and Accounting Manager (Bangkok Based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to know our team
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we’re also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the company’s finance operations mainly related to Accounts Receivable and Revenue; this includes ensuring all financial transactions, systems, and procedures comply with regulations, accounting principles, and standards.
- Troubleshoot daily operational issues and work closely with other stakeholders especially IT teams to come up with solutions.
- Manage and implement Company’s initiatives and projects from finance and accounting perspective. This includes providing requirements, designing, and performing UAT, designing new workflow and monitoring post go-live processes.
- Identify opportunities to drive processes improvement and automation.
- Provide reports and analysis using finance operations data e.g. processing fees incurred data to support management decision making.
- Coordinate with the various operations and support units to ensure timely and accurate data is available for the preparation of financial information for internal and external reporting.
- Supervise day-to-day operations and month-end closing for related areas.
- Maintain the internal control environment in the Company’s operations that are in compliant with corporate policies as well as SOX requirements etc.
- Provides oversight, training, and coaching to department associates.
- Address ad-hoc requests and issues.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or CPA qualification.
- 5-8 years of working experience in finance operations (either accounts payable or accounts receivable functions), risk control or Finance functions with some experience at management level, including some managerial experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment with a growth mindset
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage expectations.
- Strong ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with stakeholders and your own team.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Solid ability to prepare and carry out presentations to large and senior audiences.
- Ability to handle and analyze large volumes of data
- Experience in driving and implement process improvement.
- Familiar with local/US GAAP and knowledge & compliance in financial & accounting management and internal control
It’s great if you have
- Experience in online payment processes
- Knowledge of SQL and data analysis tools
#Jakarta #Kualalumpur #fin #3 #bangkok #hanoi #phuket #changmai #hongkong #shanghai #beijing #tokyo #singapore #kualalampur #hochiminh
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.