International Tax Advisory Senior Specialist (Bangkok based, Relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
As an International Tax Senior Specialist, you will work for Agoda Services Co., Ltd in Bangkok and report directly to the Senior International Tax Manager. You will be part of the Finance Team (approximately 130 professionals) and also work closely with the Legal, commercial and product teams..
You will support the International Tax Advisory Team in all tax advisory matters for the organization to ensure efficient and compliant tax outcomes for the Agoda Group of Companies.
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Assist in international tax planning initiatives and special projects
- Assessment of tax positions and interpretations of our business models including but not limited to calculation of potential tax exposures
- Keep up with new tax developments and ensure compliance with local rules and regulations
- Project coordination responsibilities
- Support key business initiatives, including modeling for financial impact of taxes
- Review business agreements and contracts which involve cross border transactions
- Liaise with external advisors for direct and indirect tax matters
- Drive and implement changes required as a result of changes to tax legislation
- Handle tax audits/queries/investigations/litigations with local tax authorities
- Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the Agoda Group
- Support the tax advisory sub-team on other ad-hoc matters from time to time
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Degree in accounting or law – Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation preferred
- 4-6 years of international tax experience in Big 4 public accounting firm/ top law firm / multinational corporation
- Cross-border tax advisory experience in direct and/or indirect taxes is a must. Such as tax structuring & planning and tax due diligence
- Prior experience working with and being comfortable with data is a must. Such as extracting data, working with Excel PivotTables and calculating potential tax exposures
- Prior experience handling tax disputes a plus
- In-house tax experience preferred
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus
- Experience with both mature and developing jurisdictions
- Project management expertise, including strong organizational and change management skills
- Ability to work independently and productively in a dynamic and fast changing environment
- Agile and able to proactively adapt to challenges in a dynamic and fast changing environment
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with cross-functional teams within Agoda
- Strategic thinker with solid business instincts and acumen
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.