Associate Director, Corporate Strategy (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Corporate Strategy team works directly with Agoda’s management team to provide business critical insights using analytics, ensure cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and help teams drive strategic initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations and help evolve early-stage ideas into high impact opportunities.
As an Associate Director, you will be focusing on providing strategic direction and high-level support to the management team and managing a team of senior managers/analysts. You will get to work closely with senior executives across functions – such as product, supply, marketing, and finance – to set our strategy and drive key business initiatives. You will develop outstanding insights on our markets, competitors, and business trends and disseminate this knowledge across Agoda to inform key decisions. You help our leaders run Agoda skillfully, which includes clarifying accountability and identifying and monitoring critical success metrics.
In this Role, you will get to:
- Developing content for Board updates, quarterly business reviews and strategic offsites
- Cementing relationship with select senior stakeholders across the organization
- Building relationship with Country and Regional Directors and developing in-depth knowledge of the market context in which they operate in and their strategy; be seen as a go-to thought partner
- Helping to shape the development of a coherent strategy based on the competitive environment and performance
- Leading a group of senior managers and guiding their analysis to maximize the impact of the projects conducted
- Evaluating, structuring, and negotiating growth opportunities (e.g., M&A)
- Pro-actively developing and presenting opportunities for the company and identifying the relevant stakeholders to engage in the pursuit of the opportunity
What you will Need to Succeed:
- Experience working in a similar role, ideally in a technology or travel focused company
- Degree in BS or BA required
- 5-8 years of Consulting experience a strong plus
- High-performing individual with strong financial knowledge, potential to execute business/processes and ability to evaluate growth opportunities
- Knowledge of the industry in the country/ region
- Ability to think strategically for the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and very senior stakeholders
It is great if you have:
- Knowledge of SQL / Tableau or willingness to invest time to learn
This role will be based in Bangkok, Thailand. Relocation will be provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.