Developer Advocate (Staff/Lead Level) (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Full Stack Engineering Department builds the Agoda web and app products. We have several teams in front-end focusing on different aspects of our products including accommodations, flights, payments, marketing, post-booking services, and more. Agoda’s marketplace is the world. We build localized and optimized user experiences at scale on every major internet platform. These include our mobile websites, native apps, and desktop sites. We hire people from around the world who have a passion for using technology to create and implement the best user experiences. Our teams work on the full stack and build end-to-end systems including user interfaces, APIs, backend systems, and database systems. Our products are always evolving and under experimentation. We accomplish this by having an amazing degree of automation, CI/CD systems, and use a modularized approach. As we are data driven and measure our results, we continually innovate and improve our work. We are looking for the next great talent who strives to learn and grow and has a standard of excellence, strong sense of ownership, and great technical skills.
We are looking for a subject-matter expert who will drive the adoption of a platform or tech stack amongst other programmers and developers, customers, clients, and the general public in some cases. You will also be at the cutting edge of innovation in your field of expertise.
A Developer Advocate is an experienced programmer who trains and supports other developers and evangelizes a platform or tech stack via various communication channels like vlogs, blogs, speaking engagements, and so on. The primary responsibility of a Developer Advocate is to make their field of expertise more accessible to their target audience.
You’ll use your superior knowledge and communication skills to train other upcoming programmers to use this technology more effectively. You’ll also be responsible for the wider adoption of our platforms and stacks internally, sharing your learnings and insights with your target audience, and establishing your expert status via internal and external workshops, videos, blogs, socio-technical interactions, and so on.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Work one-on-one with the top engineers to build exciting new product/API integrations that drive adoption of developer platforms.
- Conceive new features and ideas that can change how users interact with systems and help developers build them.
- Work on the source code of products with other engineers to identify gaps and enhance platforms to make developers life’s better.
- Give presentations, bring new ideas and directions to the team, create and run mentoring sessions. Contribute to and growing the knowledge base of the technical staff.
- Stay on the leading edge of technical know-how, industry trends, management approaches, and create an environment of always learning and always innovating.
- Lead and mentor other technical team members.
- Evangelize your product or service as your top priority. You will need to fulfill public speaking assignments.
- Become the liaison between developers and platform teams, communities and developers, connecting the technical experts, product, management and wider group of engineers, to align on initiatives that will make engineers more productive.
- Create content like training videos, certification courses, vlogs, blogs, presentations, tests, and more to train your target audience, share your knowledge, and interact with engineers.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- At least 4+ years of experience in advanced software engineering driving organizations in new directions, innovating, building advanced systems or tooling
- Be a leader, technical architect, mentor, and driver towards the right technology
- Expert level in modern coding and design practices.
- Solid knowledge of server technologies, databases, distributed systems, load balancing; Docker and Kubernetes experience preferred
- Great communication skills and the ability to teach and prepare teaching materials
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience in multiple platforms
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- UNIX administration skills
- Experience with various CI/CD systems, modern code-based systems like GitLab is a plus
- Lead teams and greenfield projects solving large platform problems
- Experience in advocating for product or system adoption
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand (Relocation Provided)
#sanfrancisco #sanjose #losangeles #sandiego #oakland #denver #miami #orlando #atlanta #chicago #boston #detroit #newyork #portland #philadelphia #dallas #houston #austin #seattle #sydney #melbourne #perth #toronto #vancouver #montreal #shanghai #beijing #shenzhen #prague #Brno #Ostrava #cairo #alexandria #giza #estonia #paris #berlin #munich #hamburg #stuttgart #cologne #frankfurt #hongkong #budapest #jakarta #bali #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #kualalumpur #amsterdam #oslo #manila #warsaw #krakow #bucharest #moscow #saintpetersburg #capetown #johannesburg #seoul #barcelona #madrid #stockholm #zurich #taipei #bangkok #Phuket #istanbul #london #manchester #liverpool #edinburgh #kiev #hcmc #hanoi #wroclaw #poznan #katowice #rio #salvador #IT #ENG #4 #LI-NP1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.