BI – Data Support EngineerApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Working Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As part of the Data team, the Data Support team takes care of all data incidents and questions regarding to data from all Agoda business and assist product owner and analyst team to perform data request for analytic on Agoda product. Also you’ll get opportunities to work on Big data platform, Hadoop, Vertica, Cube, Tableau and Metabase that would help business to effectively perform data-driven-decision.
This function requires constant communication to business users and also within Data team and Quality Assurance, Software Development, Database Administrators and Project Management, to communicate the data issue and understand the update and impact. Including provide data request and analytic to support business. Additionally, the workload will include fast turnaround of ad-hoc reports on Agile methodology and support other technical end user for operations
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Support business users and guide them to be able to write SQL command and use BI data tools by themselves (Hadoop, Vertica, MSSQL, Cube, Tableau, Metabase, Superset)
- Perform data consultant and be able to explain data definition
- Perform ad hoc data analysis query and data request to answer business questions need
- SQL performance tuning and be able to give consult the best practice to write efficiency SQL script
- Data accessibility control on data warehouse and data product
- Investigate data issue and escalate to related team
- Communicate to business users when data product not up-to-date or has any data issue and keep update status including follow up BI-Product team for fixing
- Maintain data up-time KPIs which related to data product to make sure that data warehouse is freshness, accurate, availability to users to ensure that data ready to use on time and coordinate to NOC team to communicate and update data incident status.
- Organize knowledge sharing to business users to be able to use data tools for their analysis
- Conduct training (SQL and data tools) and be a teacher assistant on knowledge sharing session
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Degree in IT related / Computer Science / MIS or equivalent experience
- Knowledge Business Intelligence, data warehouse concept and data tools such as MSDT, Tableau, Metabase, Superset, SQL Server, Vertica, Hadoop
- Strong SQL command and ability to write complex query on big data
- Service-minded, Multi-tasking and Problem-solving person, Good communication skills, Fast learning and willing to learn non-technical business and industry knowledge
- Strong English, in speaking, reading and writing
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
It’s Great if you have: (optional)
- Knowledge and experiences in Big data such as Hadoop, Impala, Spark and ETL Tools
- Experience in ticket based systems, incident management is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.