[Summer Internship 2023] Collections InternApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
Collection and Analytics function is responsible for collection of overdue payments/ penalties from hotel partners for various product offerings. It also provides analytical support on various data requirements and is also responsible for collections MIS and reporting activities. This function is also responsible for end-to-end management of Agoda’s external Debt Collection Affiliates.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Understand the life cycle of Bad Debt Collections and its impact on the company’s P&L
- Learn how to manage communications related to Collections
- Learn how to succeed in a target-oriented role and engaging with different stakeholders- internal and external ones
- Understand all about impactful negotiations
- Learn about Project Management – related to Collection requirements
- Learn how to effectively communicate and follow-up with cross functional teams
- Learn about managing 3rd party Debt Collection firms & legal process associated with Collections
- Know the 360 of Collections by understanding the policies, processes, and workflows
- Learn about the dashboards – set up for Collections KPI tracking
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Currently a 3rd-year or below university student at a respected university
- Strong communication skills in English would be required.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Must be extremely confident, be proactive and take personal ownership of task completion
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel skills
- Team-player and open to working cordially with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of VBA would be an added advantage for this role
#students #1 #summerintern
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.