Senior Data Engineer – Apache Spark (Java/Scala)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Why Agoda Data Applications Team?
Our Data Engineering teams are at the intersection of business analytics, data warehousing and software engineering. Our job involves dealing with distributed systems, stream processing, computation and data governance at tens of PB Scale.
We focus on software engineering related to data replication, storage, centralized computation, and Data API’s. By providing our users with data products/tools, shared frameworks and data services, we enable our company to validate strategic decisions, make smarter choices, and react to the fast-changing world.
We are a small but passionate team with people from different nationalities working together on a single goal J
In this Role, you will get to
- Lead the team technically in improving scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of our existing Data systems
- Build, administer and scale data processing pipelines.
- Be comfortable navigating the following technology stack: Scala, Spark, java, Golang, Python3, scripting (Bash/Python), Hadoop, SQL, S3 etc.
- Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of our existing data systems
- Design, build, test and deploy new libraries, frameworks or full systems for our core systems while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- Work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks
What You’ll need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- 5+ years of experience in Data engineering
- Good experience in Apache Spark
- Expert level understanding of JVM and either Java or Scala
- Experience debugging and reasoning about production issues is desirable
- A good understanding of data architecture principles preferred
- Any other experience with Big Data technologies / tools
- SQL experience
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities & experience.
- Systems administration skills in Linux
It’s great if you have
- Good understanding of Hadoop ecosystems
- Experience working with Open-source products
- Python/Shell scripting skills
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
#telaviv #jerusalem #LI-SK1 #IT #ENG #4 #LI-PS4
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.