[Tech Internship 2023] India-based, Gurgaon officeApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
You might call yourself “full stack” or “back end” or you might consider yourself an authority in a certain field, but you will have a keen interest in how the different systems work together.
We’d love to hear from you if you are experienced in any of the technologies we work with (note – we are not looking for you to have them all). We are interested in speaking to persons of any level from individuals just starting their IT careers to experts in their field.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- A chance to contribute to a top-notch codebase and work on scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that serve millions of requests
- You will use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and C#, data technologies like Kafka and Spark, and agile development practices
- You must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime
- Think about the full life cycle of our products, and not just about a single piece of code – from product requirements, technology selection to coding standards, agile development, testing, deployment and monitoring
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any related fields
- Familiar with basics of Object-oriented and/or Functional programming
- Familiar with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Good English communication skill
- Ready to learn fast
It’s Great if you have:
- You have built some back-end applications and services. You understand the basics of system scaling
- Familiar with data platforms like MS SQL, Cassandra or Hadoop. You understand that different applications have different data requirements
- Experience with automated CI/CD systems, test driven development, clean software architectures and SOLID principals.
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like Git for source control, TeamCity for Continuous Integration and Puppet for deployment
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.