Global Indirect Tax Advisory, Senior ManagerApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Agoda is one of the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation booking platforms.
Founded in Asia and now part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth while developing new products at a rapid pace. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
The Opportunity and the team:
As an Indirect Tax Senior Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to work in Bangkok for Agoda Services Co. Ltd, reporting to the Indirect Tax lead of Agoda. You will be part of the broader tax advisory team that is rapidly growing in light of the changing tax landscape for digital services. While being part of the broader Tax and Finance team (approximately 100 professionals) you will also work closely with the Product and Legal team.
The main focus of this position is to independently manage all tax advisory matters related to VAT, sales tax, GST and other indirect taxes for Agoda, including the compliance with tax regulations all across the globe. You will have an end-to-end responsibility for your own projects from scoping the challenge (incl. budgeting) to the overall solution (execution and implementation), including stakeholder management and relationships with our tax advisors. While this role remains very hands-on you will also be expected to contribute to the long-term vision of the tax team and to share your tax technical expertise with the broader team to support their growth.
This role involves interaction with our Senior Leadership Team, US parent company, international offices, business managers, functional teams, IT and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Responsible for overall management of indirect tax advisory activities across the business and oversee indirect tax compliance
- Assessment of indirect tax position and interpretation of our business models
- Define indirect tax requirements for existing and new programs/products, make relevant key decisions and ensure practical implementation of these requirements in internal systems
- Research and keep abreast of global indirect tax developments, evaluate and decide on necessary business and process changes, develop and execute plans accordingly to ensure compliance with new tax rules and regulations
- Manage and oversee indirect tax projects and develop strategic and operational implementation work plans to ensure new service or country launches are tax compliant and timely
- Solid understanding of how indirect taxes affect in-house financial applications and systems, contribute to the long-term vision of the tax team
- Oversee and support team members working on reconciliation of revenue, purchase, output VAT/GST and input VAT/GST with financials
- Coordinate with external advisors on various indirect tax issues, e.g. obtain tax advice as necessary and support team members with accurate and timely indirect tax reporting and tax payment
- Responsible for indirect tax awareness and appreciation within the Agoda group
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Tax Economics/Law Accounting, Finance or any business/similar related field. Graduate degree in taxation is an additional asset
- Preferably 13-15+ years of indirect tax experience in a multinational tax environment, Big 4 / Top law firm / major corporation experience, in-house experience is a plus
- Solid technical knowledge of indirect taxes (VAT/GST) in an international context is a must
- Detail-oriented individual who independently leads medium/high complexity projects with global impact (cross-functional) driving them through execution, analysis, recommendation and implementation
- Project management expertise, including strong organizational and change management skills
- Strong (English) verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complicated tax technical issues with senior leadership
- Experience with indirect tax setup in systems, including ERP systems (Oracle) is a definite asset
- Team management experience
- E-commerce or travel industry experience is a plus
It’s Great if you have:
- Self-motivated and results-oriented working with minimum direction, identifying, defining and scoping challenges and opportunities with limited supervision, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of cross-functional teams
- Able to clearly express ideas and information to others and flex style according to the specific situation and audience,
- Able to stay calm under time pressure, having a good grasp of detail whilst understanding the “bigger picture” (of the various projects) appropriately prioritizing team responsibilities and tasks
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, adapting well to change
- Team leader and team player willing to go the extra mile
- Energetic and driven personality
#hongkong #singapore #thailand #spain #madrid #barcelona #mumbai #newdelhi #london #newyork #bangalore #india #shanghai #jakarta #bali #tokyo #osaka #yokohama #hcmc #hanoi #dubai #abudhabi #istanbul #taipei #phuket #seoul #manila #kualalampur #rome #hungary #italy #france #dublin #ireland #budapest #hongkong #toronto #vancouver #4 #ACCT
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.