Associate Director of Sales (Bangkok-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
Get to Know our Team:
The Supply, Operations, Analytics and Programs (SOAP) team is a team of creative entrepreneurs that develop solutions for Agoda’s accommodation partners and promote Agoda’s top and bottom line growth. We design tailored business and product solutions with our partners and help them generate measurable value. Members of our team are empowered and supported to grow their market(s) or accounts. We develop win-win relationships and leverage Agoda’s unique accommodations portfolio and tech solutions to bring our partners the advantages they seek. Utilizing our strong brand and resources, we build new channels to increase the visibility of Agoda, introduce more travelers to our great products and service and deliver significant revenues to the overall business.
The Supply, Operations, Analytics and Programs (SOAP) team is a fast growing and dynamic team within Partner Services department of Agoda. The team is responsible for developing and scaling a range of marketing solutions for accommodation partners focusing on growth, visibility, conversion, pricing recommendations and financial products, as well as advertising and display marketing solutions for businesses and travel organizations.
The team scope includes strategic planning, business development and sales operations, project management, contracting operations, risk assessment and collections operations, product development work and data analytics. Team members closely work with multiple internal stakeholders in product and tech, finance and legal, marketing and partner services in our HQ as well as in multiple offices around the world.
Agoda is looking for an experienced sales professional with commercial acumen to drive our Agoda Media Solutions team on a global scale. Agoda Media Solutions (AMS) helps to bridge the marketing needs of partners to target active travelers on and off Agoda channels. As an Associate Director – Agoda Media Solution, your main role is to drive our Agoda Media Solutions team on a global scale to deliver on KPIs and goals for the company. You will work closely with the local BD teams around the world and guide them in their pipeline development, pitches, commercial projects and optimization for the business. It is also essential for you to understand data and are able to identify gaps and opportunities to help the teams around the world optimize their performance. This role will enable you to understand the detailed commercial partnerships we have with our property partners with an end to end overview of performance. You will also be expected to work closely and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders within the company to help grow the business. A successful candidate will bring strong business development experience with solid analytical skills and a proven track record of successful implementation of go-to-market strategies.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Product development: Create and drive product development for advertising solutions on Agoda platform,
- Manage ad operations: Manage the creation and optimization of digital marketing campaigns
- Train teams: Lead and support the learnings & development of local teams,
- Manage Stakeholders: align objectives and deliverables with colleagues in finance, legal, product, marketing and partner services departments,
- Manage a Team: participate in development and growth of your direct reports, be a leader and provide your team with actionable feedback and guidance in their activities and projects,
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum five years of sales experience of the travel industry, consulting firms, international tech companies, or fast-growing internet / tech startups,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in any relevant field,
- Experience in leading and managing a sales team of more than 5,
- Experience in working within multiple markets simultaneously,
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management abilities,
- Experience structuring and negotiating complex deals with multiple products
- Strong sales pipeline management (lead gen, Hubspot CRM, operational efficiency),
- Experience with Google Ad Manager, Google SEM, Facebook Ads, Youtube advertising, etc,
- Ability to create and present new business initiatives to senior leadership ,
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment,
- Detail oriented and structured thinking in identifying opportunities,
- Creative and able to connect the dots between partner needs and Agoda’s,
- Able to delegate to empower teams but step in and “get your hands dirty” where needed to solve a problem,
- Adapts well to and is energized by change,
Its great if you have:
- MBA from top tier university,
- Experience with SQL and Visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.),
- Experience developing Business Development initiatives across multiple markets,
#LI-SV1 #Bangkok #Thailand #Singapore #Berlin #Dublin #London #Jakarta #Hongkong #paris #sanfranciso #newyork #austin #seattle #tokyo #shanghai #seoul #sydney #brisbane #melbourne #toronto #moscow #saintpetersburg #kyiv
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.