User Experience Researcher – Enterprise Products (Bangkok-based, Relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
We have only scratched the surface. The online travel industry is an extremely dynamic and competitive space. Our aim is to deliver compelling designs that create a world-class customer experience. You will have a key role in defining the future of our products that reach millions of customers. Despite our size, we operate in a startup-like environment.
Work in the heart of Asia. This is an amazing opportunity if you’re looking for an exciting adventure abroad while expanding your international research capabilities. You get a chance to live in one of the most beautiful and most visited cities in the world!
This position is open to worldwide candidates and we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
The Domain of Enterprise Products
Behind the scenes of creating compelling experiences for our millions of customers, we’re designing and optimizing hotel partner management products to support complex business scenarios for the B2B side. The Agoda enterprise products that we design and build give access to Agoda internal business users to control and update property information while allowing over 600,000 properties over the world to manage their property content, prices, allotment, customer segments, promotions, and market exposure.
Get to Know our Team:
The Agoda Enterprise Product Team is a diverse group of UX researchers, product designers and product managers that help to build Agoda’s products from our home office in Bangkok. Being a product-driven company, our UX researchers and designers constantly partner with product managers and engineers to understand hotel partners’ problems and design workflows, interactions, and visual interfaces. The opportunity and timing are now if you wish to come into a team that’s small enough to be scrappy and hands on, yet big enough to influence change and product strategy. Be a part of Agoda’s Enterprise Product Team and unlock the world for our global community of hotels and travelers.
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Social Science, or any related field
- 3~6 years of relevant experience in enterprise-facing business domains
- You are very comfortable with planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (metrics, survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- Experience in evaluating, negotiating, and working with external research vendors
- Be able to describe user problems and business opportunities to a variety of stakeholders by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data
- You are able to demonstrate critical thinking beyond business requests.
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven and creative environment
You will own end-to-end planning, execution, analysis and reporting of research projects, and you will need to consistently achieve research outputs needed by the design team and product team for their pursuits and occasionally inform strategic decisions in Product approach or business domain direction:
- Collaborating with UX designers and product managers to understand research needs, and work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders including data scientists, engineering and partner service managers to probe deeper insights
- Defining research questions and selecting appropriate methods of data collection to deliver stakeholder-relevant value at any stage of business.
- Developing budgets and timelines for research projects
- Shows good judgment when evaluating research opportunities, e.g. determines the importance, urgency, and impact for team
- Develops research activities and insights to answer key business questions effectively and efficiently.
- Recruiting participants for research studies
- Conducting design research studies and analyzing the data collected, generate insights that influence how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Manage through ambiguity, work autonomously, and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Adopts and adapts well-established methods according to product/project situations, and innovates new methods that scale.
- Collaborate with other insights functions to ensure scope of work is informed by previous learnings, and elevate insights to additional depths.
- Work with data team to query and synthesis out insights that support designers’ or product managers’ hypothesis
- Reasonably challenges details of inbound research requests, and proposes solid research solutions.
- Lead end-to-end research activities – including driving research objectives, hypotheses, methodology, execution, analysis, and communication.
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #singapore #berlin #shanghai #losangeles #boston #austin #toronto #luxembourg #munich #oslo #copenhagen #stockholm #helsinki #brussels #hamburg #stuttgart #taipei #hamburg #stuttgart #dublin #telaviv #sydney #melbourne #perth #vancouver #montreal #prague #paris #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #lisbon #amsterdam #azerbaijan #armenia #belarus #kazakhstan #kyrgyzstan #moldova #russia #tajikistan #turkmenistan #uzbekistan #ukraine #LI-VV1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.