Manager of Strategy & Innovation – China Origin (Shanghai)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Are you looking to build and lead strategy in the world’s fastest-growing region? Do you want to scale amazing products that partners will love and use? The Manager of Partner Services drives the supply strategy for some of Agoda’s most important projects & markets.
Are you interested in testing ideas, and scaling learnings? The role will work closely with internal stakeholders in supply, product, and technology teams and the Senior Leadership Team. You will bring a strong analytical acumen coupled with marketplace knowledge and produce highly visible results and landing actions backed up by experimentation and data. In addition, the capability to establish and develop collaborative relationships across different stakeholders will be key to the success of the role.
Responsibilities will include: (1) working with stakeholders to define and drive the market & project strategy; (2) defining and achieving business milestones and KPI targets through collaboration with execution teams in various regions; (3) optimizing processes, creating, and delivering new projects that result in win-win benefits for both Agoda and our partners.
Responsibilities of the role:
This role is based in Shanghai or Beijing and reports directly to the Senior Manager. As an individual contributor, your role will include the following:
- Drive strategy development in conjunction with central management and set objectives, leveraging data to analyze, identify and support recommendations for growth, organize experiments and pilots to verify hypotheses and projects.
- Communication typically within the company but would across different departments or regions, presenting proposals including go-to-market strategies to senior management and C-suite for implementation. Also keep ongoing communication on performance to senior leadership.
- Support global supply initiatives, including developing infrastructure, and work with internal Product, Finance, Technology, and Marketing teams to scale initiatives.
- Manager and collaborate process of projects or programs, which may include dotted-line or matrixed management, responsible for making suggestions on the improvement of systems or products within the job area.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills (e.g. SQL, Python, R, or equivalent).
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making, collaboration with internal and external resources.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written in English) with proven ability to convey complex messages clearly and with conviction to different stakeholders
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Self-initiated and hands-on mentality
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience in business intelligence/ management consulting/ go-to-market strategy development
- MBA or Master’s degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Interests in the Travelling industry
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.