Senior System Engineer – (Ceph/Linux/Automation) (relocation is provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Our infrastructure team in Bangkok is searching for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer (Ceph/Linux/Automation) who has a passion for systems automation and who lives and breathes automation culture. We are looking for someone to help us scale our 5x multi-site Ceph storage clusters! Primarily they are experts in Ceph object stores, but desirable to have experience in block storage clusters as well. As a bonus we also have one of the biggest Openstack Private Clouds globally, with our next generation K8S platform being developed.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Design, engineer and support Agoda’s internal private cloud, with primary focus on Ceph, (Ceph, Openstack, Docker/Kubernetes)
- Develop and uses tools for systems and infrastructure automation.
- Research and development of infrastructure service improvements to help scale our private cloud.
- Troubleshoot system and OS level issues at scale across multiple global DCs.
- Manage custom packages.
- Mentoring of other System Engineers within the team including technical documentation and training.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- At least 5+ years in systems engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or any field
- Technical experience in:
- Distributed storage (Ceph, ideally object storage)
- Storage technologies (RAID, LVM, performance tuning)
- Containers and container orchestration (eg. ContainerD/Docker/Kubernetes)
- Configuration Management (eg. Ansible, Puppet and Salt Stack)
- Linux (CentOS/RH preferred)
- Experienced in scripting such as Bash, Python, Powershell etc.
- Database administration. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch or Cassandra would be beneficial). Knowledge of caching.
- General Networking understanding (switches, routing, firewalls).
- Monitoring/Alerting/Logging Services and correlating patterns (eg. Sensu, Nagios, Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Kibana)
- Understanding of Auth/Directory services
- Virtualisation (KVM is preferred).
- Experience working with large and dynamic server farms, preferably in the e-commerce space.
- Knowledge of OpenStack operation and its API’s is advantageous
- Experience collaborating with developers and operations in DevOps enabled environments.
- Experience working in a large enterprise organization and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products is desirable
- Development experience in python or ruby is desirable
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time.
- Self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills (both strong written and verbal English is a must).
It’s Great if you have:
- A strong desire to learn.
- The desire to keep up with the latest technologies and stay ahead of the curve.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills; a good sense of humor is always a plus.
- Mindset of a team player.
With relocation support and visa sponsorship available we’ve got you covered, leaving you free to look forward to an amazing new experience!
#IT #singapore #seoul #tokyo #sydney #melbourne #dhaka #moscow #hcmc #kualalumpur #newdelhi #bengaluru #hyderabad #mumbai #chennai #kyiv #dubai #telaviv
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.