Software Development Manager – Data (Bangkok based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
We are looking for top notch development managers to lead the teams of our data services. We use big data and ML for most of our applications – fraud, recommendation, marketing, ranking, supply management and many more. Each of these bring their own challenges of combining a distributed, multi-dc, scalable and performant solution with the needs of modern cutting-edge algorithms (such as deep learning).
You will manage a team of engineers in joint scrums with the best data scientists around to achieve these goals and since Agoda is the fastest growing travel company in the world you can imagine the challenges of tomorrow will be even more demanding.
Our ideal candidates are experienced agile development managers who master technology to the point where you can make a trade off and decide when to use which technology, and push our platform forward. At the same time, also have solid agile experience to deliver at rapid pace.
We believe that managers should be professionals at technology, should be able to jump into any project and understand the bits & bolts of the technologies their teams use. If you are one of those people that don’t want to “just manage” and still excited about building things along with building teams, you will fit here very well.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Lead team of at 6 – 12 energetic developers
- Drive design and architecture of the system
- Create a robust, scalable and blazing-fast API.
- Drive the execution of the team toward the vision. Visionary and pragmatic.
- Grow and coach team members. Always challenge team to be higher performer.
- Work closely with product owner to provide technical direction
- Be able to work with data scientists, understand and contribute to modern machine learning development lifecycle
Technologies we love
- Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Impala)
- Machine learning technologies (E.g. Python scikit, SparkML, Tensorflow)
- Micro-services development languages & technologies (E.g.: Java, Scala/Akka, Python/Django/flask)
- Relational database (E.g.: SQL Server, Postgres)
- NoSQL database technologies (E.g.: Cassandra, Couchbase, Aerospike)
- Message queueing technologies (E.g.: Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins / Teamcity)
- Performance and load testing
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Passionate about technology and building software
- 5-10 years’ experience in software development and a mix of the above mentioned technologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a leadership/influencer position: team lead, development manager or architect.
- Must have worked in an Agile environment and understands Scrum
It’s Great if You Have:
- Familiarity with travel industry and rate system is a plus
- Experience in ML development is a plus
#sanfrancisco #sanjose #losangeles #sandiego #oakland #boston #seattle #newyork #telaviv #manchester #london #dublin #sydney #melbourne #perth #saopaolo #hongkong #montreal #toronto #vancouver #jakarta #dubai #manila #kualalumpur #HCMC #IT #4 #5 #LI-SK1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.