[Tech Cooperative Internship] Software Development Engineer in Test Intern, Back End Team (4-6 months)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get To Know Our Team:
The QA department is responsible for the quality of Agoda’s product development and deployment. We push for improved processes and results that play a significant role in keeping our quality high and our customers happy. Our QA team is comprised of two main functions. There are the quality assurance engineers that focus on high-value development and products, presenting you with unique opportunities to achieve better results. Then there is the engineering tools team which creates unified, reusable testing frameworks and tools that boost development velocity, increase throughput, and better track and monitor our quality. With our dedicated role to quality assurance, we improve the focus of development teams and substantially contribute to the release of exciting new products, features, and tools that advance Agoda’s growth.
As an intern for Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), your responsibility is to help us drive for the better software quality and development velocity across our entire technology stack. Your tasks include developing test tools, enhancing automated steps along the CI/CD pipelines, and improving visibility of system monitoring/measurements. You will be a key member of a growing team and require self-motivation, a background of strong software development skills, and a strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). You will work in a key position, where your efforts will have an impact on many other products and teams in the company.
In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates and team members will share a passion for high-quality products, strong engineering principles, and methodical problem-solving skills. To be successful in this role you must be passionate about building/improving test frameworks, streamlining CI/CD pipelines, setting out for better visibility and measurements along SDLC, designing and implementing solutions that could enhance the development and release process.
In This Role, You’ll Get To:
- Contribute engineering efforts, from design to implementation, to solve complex technical challenges along the development of the team’s productivity/velocity enhancement framework
- Improve/provide system visibility to stakeholders
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing strategy, scalability, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any related fields
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work/learn independently as well as a part of either large or small teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Good writing and communication skills in English; Must be able to clearly describe and discuss problems.
- Ready to learn fast.
It’s Great if You Have:
- Strong passion of writing clean code.
- Good understanding around DevOps technologies and concepts, such as CI/CD, Dockers, Kubernetes, Jenkins, TeamCity and Git.
- Good understanding of RestAPI and/or microservices architecture
- Experience working with testing frameworks/tools similar to Selenium, Cucumber, Junit, NUnit, Postman, Rest Assured, etc.
- Good understanding of Agile Methodologies
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.