Engineering Manager in Data (Front End) (Bangkok based)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
The Development Manager role at Agoda is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate should both be extremely hands on, technically excellent, with solid engineering principles as well as exhibiting strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for world class Development Managers to manage a Data Engineering team working on building the front end of what will become Agoda’s Internal Unified Data Portal.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Be hands on; its fundamental that Agoda Development Managers are writing and reviewing code – giving expert level coaching and guidance to their engineers.
- It’s important to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things elegantly and at scale.
- Stay in touch with where the industry is going which is a must, as well as having strong opinions about how systems should be engineered and maintained.
- Our company believes in full stack engineering and as such this should mean you have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: UI, infrastructure, client-side, back-end, performance, data and others.
- Despite our investment and belief in technology, people are still our greatest asset. The right candidate should be able to inspire those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to bring A-players such as yourself from outside and integrating them into the business will also be important.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Extremely proficient in modern web server coding and design practices
- Knowledge in scale, microservices and clean architecture.
- Demonstrable experience as a system owner with operational responsibility
- Devops culture – Agility. Leanness. Automation. CI/CD
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Passionate about technology and the Internet
- Must have worked in a successful agile development team
- Be an inspiring leader; what will make your engineers go the extra mile?
- At least 3 years of experience managing engineering teams of at least 3 people, 5+ years of experience in software engineering
#london #amsterdam #helsinki #budapest #berlin #munich #hamburg #madrid #barcelona #moscow #krakow #warsaw #IT #4 #5 #LI-JA1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenaship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.