Data Engineer (BI Infrastructure)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity
and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
In this role, you will help to manage the primary services which serve BI developer teams and our internal users to build a great data models and visualizations to help people make a smart decision based on our data to improve our customer booking experience through technology.
You will manage database services that have huge amount of data (200TB+), and variety of visualization services on top of database services within total over 200+ servers.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- Administrating, Proactive and re-active monitoring of servers in order to provide high availability
- Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning
- Design, Develop & Contribute to enhance of our automation frameworks including research of new technologies and tools
- Communicating with Infrastructure Team, Hadoop Team and BI Developers to ensure Scalability, Integrity, Security and Performance
- Support our BI Developer & Data Engineer to designs and develops BI Solutions, Data Warehouse & Data Model on Big Data platform
- Always stay on latest BI Technology and always looking for something new
- Database / Data Store Services: MSSQL Database, Vertica, SSAS (SQL Service Analysis Services) – Cube - MOLAP/ROLAP), PostgreSQL, MinIO
- Visualization Services: Tableau, Power BI Report Server, Metabase, ThoughtSpot
- Tools: Ansible + Ansible AWX, Grafana, Elastic Stack, CheckMK, HAProxy
- Technology: Hadoop, Docker, Private Cloud
- Language: Python
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer science or any related fields
- Minimum 3 years of experiences in Database Administration/System Administration/System Engineer/Data Engineer
- Minimum 2 years of experiences in Coding Skill
- Proficient knowledge of SQL and Relational Database: able to write, execute, and interpret queries
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments well
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be the team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good English communication skill
- Be able to attend on-call rotation in weekly basis
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- An ability to work well independently and as part of a team
It’s Great If You Have
- Experience in Linux environment
- Experience with Database High Availability technology
- Experience with Database Monitoring, Proactive and re-active
- Experience in Business Intelligence area will be advantage
- Coding Skill. Python & Docker are a plus++
- Experience in Full stack Developer
- Experience in Data warehouse Design
- Experience in Grafana, Elasticsearch, JobScheduler, HAProxy, Check_MK, Metricbeat, Netdata, Ansible & AWX, Linux/Windows System Administration knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement.
Please note this role is ONLY open to Thai candidates or those eligible to work in Thailand.
#ENG #IT #4 #LI-PK1