Manager - Supply Strategy and Optimization (Bangkok-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Supply Optimization and Commercialization (SOCs) team sits within the Product Supply team at Agoda Bangkok. We work closely with the sales department (Partner Services) to identify and optimize growth opportunities on accommodations supply for the company and to set up experiments to measure and implement changes. The projects SOCs team works on directly impact Agoda’s bottom line and have long lasting structural impact to the business. We cover a range of topics including organizational efficiency, sales and product optimization, go to market strategies as well as we new innovation and products. We collaborate with multiple departments and produce highly visible results backed up by experimentation and data. Utilizing powerful tools and possessing an end-to-end view of how Agoda works, the SOCs offers a team of learning and experience that will push you (and Agoda) into new territory.
Manager will own and/or manage both a region and a vertical business area for Agoda’s supply (accommodation-partners). You will be analyzing market insights to identify growth opportunities and execute localized experiments, product improvements and process optimization. This is an individual contributor role.
Manager will be tasked to go deep on a vertical or region to understand the needs for the company and identify business opportunities. Responsibilities include scanning the competitive landscape, spot trends and technical developments and ideate, plan and execute experiments as needed.
You should be well versed in identifying, presenting and implementing go-to-market strategies as part of commercializing their recommendations. You should understand e-commerce and business metrics i.e. – conversion, ROI, etc. as well as be proficient analytically with data.
In summary, you can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few e-commerce companies in the world today can offer.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Identify, lead and support projects to improve Agoda’s supply either through a market view, a business vertical view or both
- Leveraging data to analyze, identify and support recommendations for growth
- Presenting proposals including go to market strategies to senior management and C-suite for implementation
- Support global supply initiatives, including developing infrastructure
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Strong data skills (e.g. SQL, Python, R, or equivalent)
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at breaking down complex problems and driving and managing change
- Experience implementing innovative ideas or products in complex organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written in English) with proven ability to convey complex messages clearly and with conviction to different stakeholders
- Experience in managing a team or managing across multiple stakeholders
- Hands-on mentality
It's Great if you have:
- Experience in management consulting or go to market strategy development
- MBA or Master’s degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago