Country Director - SeoulApply Now
ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA:
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a Booking Holdings company, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 2 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate and employs over 5,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. Having established itself as the leading Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe, the USA and other markets.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the online sector, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our customers and partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As South Korea Country Director your main objectives will be to develop and deploy Agoda’s South Korea strategy, provide guidance and leadership to ensure the successful account management of Agoda’s major partners, and to deliver on targets and growth expectations that form a key part of Agoda’s business goals. In so doing, this individual will bring excellent analytical skills, strong account and client management experience, a successful record of sustainable performance and the capacity to lead, motivate, coach and mentor teams. In addition, the capability to establish and develop valued long-term partnerships will be a key to the success in this role.
- Develop and implement the strategy to accelerate Agoda’s business in South Korea.
- Lead, coach and develop a multifunctional team responsible for growing our local business
- Implement strategies with top partners to enhance productivity and opportunities to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Deliver on country commercial and profitability targets.
- Lead the relation with top local and selected regional partners.
- Coordinate with top management on strategic planning and objectives.
- Conduct market research into trends in the industry and the South Korea market to ensure the competitiveness of Agoda’s products.
- Attend and participate in relevant industry events.
- More than 12 years of professional experience
- Past success in leading, coaching and developing teams
- Relevant sales, business development or general management experience
- Strong numerical & analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully communicate proposals to potential partners and internal stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker, management consulting experience highly valued
- Excellent command of English and Korean required
- Experience in online/ e-commerce business preferred
- MBA from a well-known institution preferred
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement (https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/).
#seoul #BD #5 #LI-MT1