Share this listing:
Junior Data Privacy Counsel (based in Bangkok)Apply Now
Junior Data Privacy Counsel (role is based in Bangkok & relocation will be provided)
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG),
Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from legal to product– we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter.
At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
Based in our Bangkok office and reporting to the Data Counsel – who sits in Agoda’s Data Privacy Legal Department - you will be expected to provide support and act as an advisor on privacy matters to Agoda’s Business teams (including Product, Data, IT and Marketing) while gaining a deep understanding of Agoda’s products, systems and business. By nature, you must be curious, collaborative and persuasive enabling you to provide proactive, practical and clear legal advice in a fast-paced environment ensuring that Agoda’s products and initiatives are legally compliant and sustainable especially from a privacy perspective.
We'll Trust You To:
- Review, draft and amend data privacy and security clauses in contracts or preparing data processing agreements, as part of external contract review or internal templates and modifying data privacy template clauses as required with vendors and other business partners
- Advise Agoda’s Product, Data, IT and Marketing teams across a number of areas of law with a focus on data privacy and other relevant laws, including marketing, e-privacy, consumer protection and competition law.
- Implement a “product and privacy by default and by design” approach (including conducting of PIA’s) by working closely with the relevant Agoda teams from the initial stages of product, marketing and systems development (such as compliance on front end display features) to launch and beyond, ensuring that potential legal issues are caught early and creatively find a way to facilitate such assessments, mitigating any risks effectively.
- Conducting legal research and formulating opinions on data privacy and cybersecurity matters from a global perspective and with a focus on GDPR and Singapore PDPA.
- Supporting the Data Privacy team on:
- Facilitating Agoda’s policy on receiving and complying with law enforcement requests
- Effectively contributing to Agoda’s privacy program as required
- Administering the privacy external facing inbox and resolving issues as required
- Advising the business on consumer privacy issues including data subject rights requests.
You'll Need To Have:
- Degree in law, licensed to practice
- Experience in, and a strong passion for technology, big data, data governance and data privacy, preferably having experience in a tech company
- Good knowledge of data privacy and cybersecurity laws in APAC, EU and beyond
- 2-4 years of legal experience preferably both in a law firm and in-house, the latter preferred for this role
We'd Love To See:
- A data privacy qualification, CIPP or equivalent or at least willing to obtain one shortly after joining the company
- Prefer practicality over theory, and be persuasive
- Adaptive to change and enthusiastic approach to challenges in Agoda’s agile environment
- Experience with contract reviews and counseling Product, IT, Marketing and Design teams would constitute a plus
#singapore #seoul #taipei #dublin #shanghai #tokyo #hongkong #kualalumpur #prague #poland #bucharest #croatia #warsaw #LGL #4 #LI-SE1