Share this listing:
Treasury Manager (Bangkok-Based)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG),
Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter.
At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
Agoda’s Treasury Manager (TM) is a senior finance team member. The TM’s primary responsibility is to assist the Corporate Treasurer (CT) manage the company’s liquidity positions, currency risk management, and cash flow forecast. The TM is responsible for helping the team manage daily operational activities within treasury.
Managing currency and short-term liquidity risk:
- (Currency) The TM will have significant technical knowledge of the FX markets and FX trading experience. The candidate will help the team manage the daily foreign currency hedging program. The TM works with the treasury, financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and accounting teams to monitor, identify, classify and mitigate currency exposures on the balance sheet. The TM will use Agoda’s FX trading platform and learn our trading process in order to execute the hedging program.
- (Liquidity) The TM helps ensure sufficient funds are in place across the company for daily operations. The TM is expected to learn the company inflows and outflows and their daily, monthly and seasonal trends. Active communication with other finance teams is essential to support daily funding needs.
The TM helps the Corporate Treasurer manage company cash (both operational and excess) by balancing daily funding needs against other corporate mandates. This responsibility includes working with our parent company treasury on brand cash-pooling and other initiatives such as intercompany loans and dividends.
In addition to the day-to-day treasury management responsibility, the TM is also expected to play a major role in support CT in the following areas:
- Contribute to implementation effort of Agoda’s strategic projects from treasury’s stand point;
- Interface with other finance leaders regularly to keep abreast of strategic goals;
- Provide guidance to junior treasury staff
The TM should be comfortable operating in relative isolation and without much oversight; should possess knowledge around financial instruments including derivative products; and should be able to learn Agoda’s hedging strategy and understand how we mitigate currency exposures.
Responsibilities of the role:
The Treasury Manager will assist the CT to:
- Manage foreign currency hedging program and FX risk (balance sheet hedging)
- Manage liquidity risk – keep accounts sufficiently funded for daily operations (operational cash)
- Manage the weekly cash flow forecast to parent company
- Manage Investments and the intercompany loan program/cash pool with the parent company treasury team
- Support department strategy and projects, including TMS implementation
- Maintain adequate internal control over treasury activities
- Derive insight from global financial market trends for management strategic decision making
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline;
- 5+ years of experience in corporate finance, banking-MNC Treasury coverage or FX
- technical knowledge around trading platforms and products, corporate hedging, bank account management, investments
- Superior analytical/critical thinking skills
- Solid interpersonal skills - ability to interact/lead within a multi-disciplined finance organization
- A high degree of self-reliance, proactivity, creativity is expected
A good understanding of internet technologies and the Online Travel space is preferred but not required. A CFA/FRM holder is preferred but not required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills using macros/VBA; modelling and forecasting experience - or a background in FP&A – is preferred
- Knowledge of pricing and risk characteristics of Institutional Banking FX and Interest rates products
- Understanding valuation methods (fair value, mark-to-market) for FX products and their impact to the P&L under IFRS 9 and US GAAP
- Bloomberg FXGO
- Proficiency with Computer and Database query languages is preferred.
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement. (link to https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/)
#singapore #FIN #4 #LI-NS2