Share this listing:
Associate Director - TaiwanApply Now
About Working at Agoda:
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a Booking Holdings company, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 2.5 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Booking Holding is the world’s leading online travel agency and one of the largest internet companies in the world.
Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate and employs over 5,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in multiple locations around the globe.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the online sector, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our customers and partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
In this role, your main objective will be to contribute to and deploy Agoda’s Taiwan strategy, provide guidance and leadership to ensure the successful account management of Agoda’s major hotel partners, and to deliver on targets and growth expectations. Excellent analytical skills, strong account and client management experience, a successful record of sustainable performance and the capacity to lead, motivate and mentor teams are needed. In addition, the capability to establish and develop valued long-term partnerships will be a key to the success in this role.
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. This position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan.
Objectives will include:
(1) set and execute strategy for the market in conjunction with Senior Management team for region
(2) define, manage and optimize business development plan for hotel/accommodation partnerships to widen scale and maximize growth
(3) build high-level and long-lasting hotel/accommodation relationships to enhance contracting efforts in the assigned areas
(5) leadership of market management team to achieve set targets
Responsibilities of the role:
- Collaborate with country Director on strategic planning and market objectives.
- Initiate, acquire and develop direct hotel/accommodation partnerships to meet set acquisition targets.
- Ensure achievement of revenue goals for market and control costs within budget.
- Recruit, develop, manage, retain, lead staff to ensure adherence to all targets and KPIs. Establish individual goals and conduct direct reports performance reviews
- Conduct market research into trends in the industry and the Taiwanese market to ensure the competitiveness of Agoda’s products.
- Attend, participate and represent Agoda in relevant industry events.
- Provide the team and the senior management with regular, constructive and relevant feedback. Prepare and present high-quality fortnightly reviews.
- Share and seek out best practices and knowledge.
- Negotiate and secure market deals and promotions with hotels.
- Ensure price competitiveness of product.
- Plan and execute regular and relevant hotel visits according to the goals, targets and objectives.
- Verify, analyze and understand all available data and reports
- Maintain and develop the high level of usage of CRM, back office and all other management tools.
- Travel within the Taiwan market as business requires.
- Develop, and own relationships with key decision makers at hotels, hotel groups, associations and other relevant industry bodies.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required.
- MBA or equivalent a plus.
- 4 -7 years account management / business development experience required
- Strategic thinker. Management consulting experience highly valued
- Min 4 years’ experience managing a team, with a proven success record in setting KPIs and sales and marketing strategies.
- 5+ years progressive sales and project management experience in consultative sales or sales management environment.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally.)
- Ability to communicate value proposition to potential partners.
- Team leader and team player.
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
- Past success in mentoring and building sales organizations that cater to long term customer relationships.
- Highly disciplined work habits.
- Energetic and driven personality, comfortable in fast paced environment
- Adapts well to and is energized by change.
- Very high-level fluency in English and Chinese / Taiwanese.
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation ,gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement (https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/)