Workplace Experience Director (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know our Team:
The People Team is a purveyor of opportunity, searching the globe for the most talented individuals and offering them an open, collaborative workplace. By prioritizing skill and potential, we have cultivated a powerful assembly of professionals through our drive for equal opportunity and diversity. We make the move to Agoda a breeze with assisted onboarding programs, and we continue to support and enrich our thousands of Agoda employees through individual growth with outstanding learning programs and various means of assistance. Our development of incredible benefits has ensured everyone can stay strong, healthy, and happy during their time at Agoda. Leading ambitious changes and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees, the People Team is a crucial and rewarding part of the Agoda family.
The Director of Real Estate and Workplace Services will bring our culture to life within our physical spaces. The role will be to manage our organization’s global office portfolio, including oversight of workspace design, capacity planning, lease renewals, and relocations. This role will develop and implement real estate strategies that align with the company’s objectives, and through innovative event and hospitality initiatives convey the company’s brand and culture, and provide a high-quality, productive environment for employees that attracts and retains top talent.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Oversee a ~$25m global portfolio of real estate including Bangkok HQ future office (25,000sqm), creating productive and inspiring spaces.
- Lead all aspects of workspace planning and design, ensuring our office environments promote Agoda’s diverse culture and productivity
- Lead all aspects of lease transaction management including coordinating leases, office relocations, openings and closures, ensuring all projects are delivered on time and in-budget.
- Establish a strong & trusted partnership with Senior and Executive leadership, anticipating and responding proactively to business needs. Confidently lead and influence strategic decision making.
- Develop cost-effective property management strategies that align with business goals. Establish a strong partnership with the internal Agoda Procurement Lead for sourcing and procurement strategy to deliver effective resource/budget management and value.
- Establish, implement, and manage employee events and in-office catering programs globally based on hospitality principles to enhance the employees’ experience and amplify Agoda culture.
- Lead a team of facility, office, and project management professionals, ensuring operational excellence across all workspaces. Define clear KPIs, workplace service SLAs and foster a positive work culture
- Balance workplace standardization of fit-out, amenity, and functionality across sites, whilst still allowing for uniqueness and character that connects with the building, local market and business.
- Deliver financial reports and CAPEX plans for annual budgeting and regular management updates.
- Bring insights on current trends in the real estate and workplace services industry, innovating by adopting best practices wherever beneficial.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, real estate or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Proven (10-15 years) experience in a similar role, managing real estate and workplace services on a global scale or managing operational HR functions
- Demonstrated project management experience delivering large scale complex projects
- Exceptional leadership skills with experience in managing large and diverse teams
- Real estate transactions experience or understanding of the field, familiarity with legal and financial aspects of real estate management
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management and client groups to take desired action
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents and data driven
- Ability to develop innovative solutions that focus on amplifying employee experience
- Develops and implements financial policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including preparing and delivering presentations
- Character traits: open mind, learning attitude, transparent behavior, positive, strong communicator, proactive and collaborative.
- Strategic thinker yet focused on execution; able to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Able to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
- Good cultural and organizational sensitivity
- Travel for project specific requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.