Director of Product Design, Consumer Facing (Bangkok-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
This role is BANGKOK-BASED, RELOCATION PROVIDED.
We believe in making it easier for everyone to experience the world.
Getting to know our Agoda Design Team
Embark on a journey with the Agoda Design Team, a vibrant community of product designers crafting innovative solutions from the heart of Bangkok, Thailand, and Gurugram, India. As a pivotal force in our product-driven company, we collaborate closely with product managers and engineers to unravel customer challenges, shaping workflows, interactions, and visual interfaces. Whether you’re honing your craft, expanding your skillset, or stepping into a leadership role, now is the time to join a team that’s both scrappy and hands-on yet influential enough to drive change and shape product strategy. Be a part of Agoda’s Design team and contribute to unlocking the world for our global community of travelers.
About our Consumer Facing Team
Our Consumer Facing Design Team is at the forefront of creating exceptional traveler experiences across Accommodations, Flights, Trips, Activities. We’re on a mission to craft a cutting-edge booking platform prioritizing choice, value, user-friendliness, and personalization for our customers booking across our platform.
The Director of Product Design, Consumer Facing at Agoda is responsible for:
1) Defining and implementing the product design strategy for our Consumer Facing Teams — whilst maintaining the highest level of craft and execution. This includes helping scale & build our global design principles, usability, Design Systems and accessibility standards to ensure consistency in how our products are presented and work for everyone of our partners and travelers
2) Supporting a thriving craft community of designers within Consumer Facing Products.
Working closely together with Deven Grover (Senior Director, Head of Product Design ), this Director will help continue to build out the global Design function for Agoda that will define the customer product design strategy. The Director will not only be partnering closely with the Product and Technology leaders, but also with the leadership teams in our Consumer Facing organization. This person will lead a team consisting of designers at all levels, including core, senior, lead and principal as well as a manager of managers.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Define and implement the design strategy for how we provide our Consumer Facing partners with easy to use, seamless and consistent product interfaces that incorporate our Design Systems & Product Principals.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Technology management and leadership to ensure alignment in strategy, collaboration in execution and overall effective use of design resources, including impact and ROI
- Contribute to our global product design principles and usability for the business, ensuring consistency in how our products are presented to customers through our different platforms
- Build and manage a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product designers and leaders that consistently delivers on projects and is well-balanced across a range of design skill sets.
- Contribute to and help shape the product roadmap, both short term and long-term.
- Develop design talent and build a thriving culture where designers grow in their careers and feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging.
- Drive and lead the strategic direction of the customer facing product design direction, and challenge the direction of other teams
- Be responsible to measure success KPI’s and report on team / track performance and business impact
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 8+ years of Design and UX leadership experience within high traffic digital products(100,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce or marketplace companies
- Prior experience with leading teams of at least 30+ people
- Senior people management, team development, recruiting and org building experience
- Passionate advocate of putting our users at the heart of the work
- Strong experience working and scaling products using Design Systems
- Experience growing a strategic design practice within design teams
- Experience and familiarity with building end-to-end experiences in complex environments, marketplace platforms, and programs that have been successfully adopted by the ecosystem
- Subject matter expertise in Product Design with a consistent track record of building successful innovative and scalable products – vision, strategy and roadmap,
- KPIs/objectives setting, ideation and implementation process, team alignment with business goals
- Success at bringing a range of people into the research and design process, including cross-functional partners (product managers, designers, developers, marketers), and successfully engaging partners and executives
- Expert in leading through influence with stakeholders including executives
- Strategic use of testing and data to move quickly
- Strategic problem solver, able to balance long-term vision with short- and medium-term goals
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience in OTAs, e-commerce or product driven companies
- Experience managing Designer Managers & Principle level designers
- Experience in driving strategy & influencing product roadmaps
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #singapore #berlin #shanghai #losangeles #boston #austin #toronto #luxembourg #munich #oslo #copenhagen #stockholm #helsinki #brussels #hamburg #stuttgart #taipei #hamburg #stuttgart #dublin #telaviv #sydney #melbourne #perth #vancouver #montreal #prague #paris #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #lisbon #amsterdam #moscow #saintpetersburg #frankfurt #shenzhen #istanbul #dubai #kiev #seoul #LI-Hybrid
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.