Assistant Homes Manager – Tokyo-BasedApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Agoda Homes team supports a wide range of non-hotel accommodation types, including apartments, homes (一軒家), Machiya (町家), Minpaku (民泊), and many more. With the always-changing market, this team uses its expertise to find creative solutions and innovate new products to fulfill the business needs of vacation rental properties and offer the best to travelers.
The key responsibility of this role is to expand the supply of non-hotel accommodations and enhance the quality of that supply (for example, availability and pricing) within Japan. The Homes Manager must manage relationships with accommodation partners to tap into opportunities that allow our mutual business to grow further. This includes identifying and acquiring new sources of supply while maintaining existing relationships.
This role is based in our Tokyo, Japan office and reports to the North Asia Regional Manager. Agoda Homes is an international team, and you will have frequent opportunities to work with colleagues from different countries, such as peers in the North Asia Homes team and functional teams in Thailand and other countries.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
Engagement with Partners
- Acquire new accommodation partners and reactivate those that have churned.
- Enhance the quality of the supply (for example, availability, pricing, and content) from existing partners.
- As part of your sales responsibilities, provide support for partners’ inquiries, such as those related to product, connectivity, and payment issues.
- Although your primary responsibility is direct engagement with partners, as mentioned above, contributions in other areas are valued. These may include reaching out to partners through mass communication methods, improving operational efficiencies, and gathering feedback from hosts to identify product gaps.
***Please note that the duties of this role may change at any time due to changing needs of the department
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in B2B (business-to-business) sales.
- Experience in hotels, OTAs (Online Travel Agencies), or e-commerce is a plus.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, with the ability to acquire hosts for our platform.
- Willingness to make cold calls on a daily basis for new acquisitions and reactivations.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills. Capable of identifying and prioritizing high-impact sales leads and opportunities. Able to troubleshoot operational and technical issues for partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Japanese language: Business level (verbal and written) for communication with external partners.
- English language: Intermediate level or above (verbal and written) for collaboration with internal teams in other countries.
- Proficiency in Excel (knowledge of formulas such as VLOOKUP and pivot tables; macros not required).
- Familiarity with business analytics tools (such as Tableau and Power BI) and the ability to query databases (SQL) is a plus.
#tokyo #2 #3 #LI-KR1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.