[Summer Internship 2024] Software Engineer Intern, InfrastructureApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Summer Internship Period:
Our internship period for this role is from May 27 to August 2, 2024. During this time, interns will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in our dynamic engineering environment, contributing to various projects and gaining valuable hands-on experience. Additionally, outstanding interns may be considered for potential extensions or full-time positions. The expected application timeline is as below;
- Application Period – December 2023 till February 2024
- Assessment Period – January 2024 till March 2024
- Interview Period – January 2024 till March 2024
- Offer Period – April 2024 till May 2024
- Start of Internship – May 2024 till August 2024
If the internship period is not suitable for you, please consider applying for the cooperative internship which offers more flexible timings.
DevOps department consists of various roles, including DevOps, DevSecOps and SRE Engineers. The main goal of the department is to improve Agoda’s IT systems and daily lives of all our engineers.
This role is perfect for anyone that wants to make a huge impact and see a multiplying effect of even tiny improvements. In DevOps we do not just maintain systems or take over boring parts of software development lifecycle. It is a place to design and coach on best practices, build centralized platforms, evaluate new tools, onboard open-source solutions and even write our own sophisticated tools and share them with the community.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Design, implement, document and advocate best practices, templates and guidelines in an entire SDLC
- Build DevOps-as-a-service platform to provide services to all Agoda engineers in an automated way
- Manage and supervise large-scale Kubernetes clusters, including building tools for automation and abstraction
- Maintain DevOps services like version control, container registries, central monitoring, build and deployment systems, service discovery
- Build and participate in communities for all things related to software development in Agoda
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Currently studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any related fields
- Eager to learn and experiment
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, with a creative and analytical mindset
- Passion for automating and testing everything
- Coding skills in a modern programming language (preferably Go, Scala, Python)
- Basic knowledge of Development ecosystem: Bash/Git/Docker
- Experience with Linux system administration
It’s great if you have:
- Experience using and managing modern CI systems (e.g. Gitlab, Github Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI, Teamcity, etc.)
- Working Kubernetes knowledge
- Configuration Management experience (e.g. Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience creating CICD pipelines and/or configuration as a code
- Advanced Docker knowledge
- Open Source contributions
#students #1 #summerintern #Bangkok
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.