Procurement Category Manager – Marketing / Generalist (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
The Procurement Category Manager will be responsible for overseeing Strategic sourcing and Category Strategy development in Agoda with a focus on Performance Marketing, App Marketing and over all Digital Marketing related sub-categories. Spend coverage is approximately 250M USD plus. In addition to Marketing (66%) this role will have additional responsibilities in supporting other areas of the business in any Ad-Hoc requests or major procurement initiatives (33%).
The position will be creating Marketing Procurement from scratch in Agoda, and will report directly to the Procurement Director, and also have regular interactions in to the Booking Holdings Global Marketing Tower lead.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Develop and implement procurement category strategies across Performance Marketing and other Digital Marketing sub-categories to deliver P&L Savings and overall procurement value to Agoda
- Manages senior level relationships at VP level both internally and externally
- Drive major savings initiatives through sourcing, demand management and process optimization
- Conduct detailed spend analysis and bench-marking, evaluate market and competitive conditions and use as a basis to create data based Category strategies and sourcing activities
- Cultivate close relationships with business partners to support their objectives and the company growth agenda
- Actively participate in the implementation of Procurement best-in-market processes and tools
- Design and maintain category and supplier-level reporting to senior executives and internal stakeholders
- Implement and manage effective supplier management processes to optimize the value of third-party relationships
- Support other categories on an Ad-Hoc basis or major projects basis in terms of Procurement process and competitive tendering
- Act as the central point of contact for any Marketing related Procurement and P2P questions
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 8 years of total experience in related field
- Minimun 3 years of experience in marketing and/or procurement
- Deep knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology, category management, procure-to-pay processes and tools and supplier management
- Excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and flexibility to work independently
- Experience in spend analysis, market and benchmark analysis at a broad level
- Innovation in procurement process experience considered advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including preparing and delivering presentations
- Demonstrated change management and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop small teams and build credibility with business partners, with a strong focus on Customer Centricity
- Ability to manage and collaborate with teams and stakeholders
- Character traits: open mind, learning attitude, transparent behavior, positive, strong communicator, proactive and collaborative.
- Strategic thinker yet focused on execution; able to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Able to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Good cultural and organizational sensitivity
#seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #brussels #paris #frankfurt #FIN #5 #LI-SE1 #bangkok #manila #berlin
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.