Senior Project Manager, Supply (Bangkok-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BANGKOK, THAILAND (WITH RELOCATION PROVIDED)
Get To Know Our Team
The Supply department is the B2B part within the Agoda organization that links with our external partners to ensure the supply of accommodation, flights and activities. Within Supply the ‘Strategic Projects Management team has been formed to raise the standards of project management across the entire department, lead the way by managing the largest and most impactful projects, develop a governance framework by which to plan, run and report all significant projects going forward and ensure the upskilling of everyone involved in project work.
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Independently plan, lead and track high-priority strategic Supply projects, coordinating them across a number of departments and regions. Identify and track the right KPI for our projects.
- Work closely with product owners, high-level stakeholders and functional / technical experts, balance priorities and plan resources efficiently. Proactively identify risks associated with project delays and resource bottlenecks, develop mitigation strategies and ensure their execution.
- Harmonize and streamline the way we lead and report projects to free up resources and enable our senior leaders to make efficient data-driven decisions.
- Research best practices for methods and tools used across all project phases and oversee their implementation across the entire Supply organization.
- Develop project governance standards and convince stakeholders to adopt them all across the Supply organization. The goal is to devise a more efficient and effective common project management methodology while respecting Agoda’s highly agile, low bureaucracy company culture.
- Build templates, automations, and AI tools to increase the efficiency of our project management and project reporting.
- Develop a targeted project management training strategy for various stakeholder groups and work close with our HR partners to build the resulting training programs.
What You’ll Need to Succeed (Must Have)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree, ideally in a business or quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, engineering, science, economics or finance).
- 10+ years of practical project management expertise, preferably across a variety of fields, including Technology / Online environments. It is important that you have not only taken part in but have independently led multiple larger-scale projects involving senior stakeholders.
- A solid understanding of project management methodology and tools, as well as the ability to combine classical and agile project management elements into new concepts.
- Strong organizational skills along with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- An interest in not only in the operational side of project management, but also the theoretical and strategic side that allows you to independently shape a new project governance framework from the ground up.
- An agile self-starter mentality and the ability to learn fast, react quickly and find a way to organize yourself and others in a less structured, fast-paced environment.
- The type of humble confidence and maturity that allows you get projects done and new concepts implemented in the face of resistance and unforeseen challenges, coupled with the interpersonal skills needed to moderate the interests of many high-level stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English), including the ability to report project updates clearly and succinctly to different levels of the management hierarchy.
- The drive and creativity to leave your mark by creating new concepts and frameworks from scratch.
It’s Great if You Have (Good to Have)
- A basic understanding of data structures and IT processes that facilitates your interactions with technical stakeholders and independently assess project requirements.
- Analytical and quantitative skills that allow you to generate hypotheses and insights based on the analyses of large datasets using our various databases and BI tools.
- Experience with a range of classical and agile project management tools (such as MS project, Jira, Smartsheets, or similar).
- Experience in change management.
- Experience in developing training concepts or training execution.
- Experience in setting up project governance frameworks.
- Experience in the hotel or OTA industry.
#Projectmanagement #Hiring #Senior #LI-ZFL
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.