Senior Accounts Receivable Officer (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
Get a chance to be part of some of Agoda’s key projects and assist in the monitoring and analysis of the financial data involved. You will be mainly responsible for performing analysis, validation and reconciliation of data relating to Agoda’s financial operations such as bookings, receipts and payments, as well as preparing other ad hoc reports relating to financial operations of the company. The role will require deep understanding of Agoda’s business objectives and operational processes. We are looking for a quick learner who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, high intensity work environment.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Perform day-to-day activities for revenue-generating processes.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of receivable accounts for monthly financial reporting.
- Coordinate with the various operations and support units to ensure timely and accurate data is available for preparation of financial reports and to support management decision-making.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to understand and assess the impact of business initiatives on AR related financial activities.
- Ensure the internal control environment in the Company’s operations is compliant with US GAAP & SOX requirements and Company policies.
- Drive initiatives to design new and enhance existing programs and processes to ensure accuracy of data.
- Respond to constant changes from different business demands and be able to understand how daily tasks need to be adjusted according to these changes.
- Provides training and coaching to team members and other stakeholders.
- Handle ad hoc issues and projects when required.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-4 years of experience in finance operations (either accounts payable or accounts receivable functions), risk control or Finance functions with some experience at management level
- Basic understanding of Accounting Standards and strong knowledge & compliance in financial & accounting management and internal control
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills, for both spoken and written English
- Energetic, proactive and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player
- Excellent computer proficiency, especially in Excel
It’s Great if You Have:
- CPA and audit background are preferred
- Experience in ERP implementation is an advantage
- Experience in project management
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.