Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Officer (Seoul, Korea Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
At Payments, Credit Risk and Collections (“PCRC”) in Finance, we are proud to be the gatekeepers of Agoda’s money. Our job is three-fold; enable smooth payments from and to partners, help decide who Agoda should advance money to and how to collect what we are owed. As part of this, PCRC manages commercial partnerships with fintech players, manages operational aspects of payouts, assesses, and manages Agoda’s counterparty credit risk and collects payments and tax invoices for select products globally.
Payments function within PCRC is looking for an Anti-Money Laundering Officer who will support the team translating the AML Policy to operational procedures and measurements including reviewing, analysing and submitting the materials for Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions & PEP Screening, Customer Due Diligence and Regulatory questionnaires.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
Legal and Payments Compliance
- Support AML officer in translating the AML Policy to operational procedures and measurements including reviewing, analysing and submitting the materials for Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions & PEP Screening, Customer Due Diligence and Regulatory questionnaires.
- Support the team to engage with regulators as needed e.g. responding to information requests.
- Prepare legally mandated financial and technology reports.
- Undergo mandatory trainings with respect to AML, Sanctions, and foreign currency conversion.
Compliance and finance
- Help ensure the ongoing obligations of our payment operations, payment gateway license, FX business registration and other regulatory vehicles are well complied with.
- Work closely with local authorities such as the FSS, with local payments partners, and with local legal and tax advisers to ensure Agoda always stays informed of any important changes in the regulatory environment and is able to quickly adapt to those; especially in terms of any additional compliance activities Agoda would need to undertake.
- Coordinate the collation of all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements from around Agoda to ensure that reporting deadlines are met on time with accurate and complete information.
- Serve as the first point of contact for any issues arising with local payments, including payment providers and major local banks, or regulatory partners, including FSS, the Bank of Korea and Korfin, and help to ensure any concerns are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Provide advice and training to local teams and to head office staff, as required to ensure that Agoda remains well-equipped to deal with the needs of our local Korean payments and regulatory partners.
- Examine, organize, summarize, and analyse information relating to particular questions to create a logical and usable work product.
- Present results of all projects effectively in e-mails, written memos or in logical discussion; proactively provide status updates to project stakeholders.
- Any ad hoc duties and projects assigned.
- Based in Seoul Fixed term contract basis.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Proficient in Korean and English – reading, writing, and speaking
- Has experience interacting with Korean regulators
- Has at least 3 years’ AML experience, including the recording of payments and pattern recognition
- Have presence, communication skills, writing skills, diplomacy, and credibility necessary to effectively influence external partners and internal stakeholders
- Good organization skills and adheres to deadlines.
- Good presentation skills and ability to prepare and conduct internal training (as guided by the team).
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow up on assignments and produce a high quality work product
- Experience as a paralegal, legal secretary or other light touch legal position is preferable.
#Korea #AML #Compliance #Seoul #자금관리 #자금세탁방지 #컴플라이언스 #금융
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.