Engineering Manager (Back End) (Gurugram based relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Vision & Mission of Affiliate Platform:
Become the de-facto API of choice (best in terms of inventory, pricing , features & performance) for partners & MSEs by making Affiliate distribution frictionless.Elevate our accommodation business to new heights as an Affiliate Platform Backend Engineering Manager.
Join our team and lead a skilled group of engineers in enhancing our industry-leading affiliate platform. Drive collaboration across teams (search, book , content and post booking funnels) , influence strategic decisions and champion innovation. If you’re a dedicated leader with a knack for cutting-edge technology and team development, seize the opportunity to shape the future of our top-tier affiliate platform.As the Engineering Manager for the Affiliate B2B Team at Agoda, you will play a pivotal role in building and improving our B2B affiliate platform. Your strategic thinking, technical expertise and leadership will be essential in driving the team’s success.
The Engineering Manager role at Agoda is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate is both extremely hands on – technically excellent, with solid engineering principles – and exhibits strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for world class development managers to lead one or more of our engineering teams.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Be hands on – its one of the job’s fundamental task, and most of our development managers are writing and reviewing code, giving expert level coaching and guidance to their engineers.
- It’s important to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things elegantly and at scale. Staying in touch with where the industry is going is crucial, and it’s important to have strong opinions about how systems should be architected, engineered, and maintained.
- Do full stack engineering: you should have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client side, back end, performance, data, and others.
- Developing people – Despite our investment and belief in technology, people are still our greatest asset. The right candidate will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to bring A-players such as yourself from outside and integrating them into the business will also be important.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Extremely proficient in at least 1 programming language (Java, Scala, C#)
- Strong experience in systems architecture – particularly in complex, scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems
- Demonstrable experience as a system owner with operational responsibility
- Proficient in lower level engineering (Garbage collection, context switching, threading)
- DevOps culture – Agility. Leanness. Automation. CI/CD
- Good understanding of application security
- Passionate about technology and the Internet
- Must have worked in a successful agile development team
- Must have run engineering teams before with 5+ direct reports
- Able to operate with autonomously: making decisions, setting KPIs, with a strong sense of ownership
- Practices data driven decision making
It’s Great if you have:
- Proficiency in more than one programming language
This position is based in Gurugram, India relocation package will be provided.
#newdelhi #IT #ENG #4 #LI-TS1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.