Director of User Experience Research (Bangkok-based, Relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
The Domain of Product
We’re creating compelling experiences for our millions of customers, whether bookers on our all-in-one shop experience, or properties who would like to manage their business on our platform. The Agoda Product team is building technology to scale and build experiences to be the leading Online Travel Agency, where our customers can come to shop for experiences across hotels, flights, packages, and activities to do at their preferred destinations, and our business partners can come to serve their inventory to the widest possible audience.
Get to Know our Team:
The Agoda Product Team is a diverse group of UX researchers, product designers, product managers, and content creators, that help to build Agoda’s products from our home office in Bangkok. Being a product-driven company, our UX researchers constantly partner with product managers, designers and engineers to understand our customer’s problems and inform on existing and future features. If you would like to work in a team that’s small enough to be scrappy and hands on, yet big enough to influence massive change and product strategy, this is the place and time to do it. Be a part of Agoda’s Product Team and unlock the world for our travelers.
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Social Science, or any related field
- 12~17 years of relevant experience in consumer-facing business domains
- You are very comfortable with planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (metrics, survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- Experience in evaluating, negotiating, and working with external research vendors
- Be able to describe user problems and business opportunities to a variety of stakeholders by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience in leading and managing teams of user researchers
- You are able to demonstrate critical thinking beyond business requests
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven and creative environment
You will be responsible for the functioning and outcomes of the network of User Experience Researchers at Agoda. You will strategize how the Research function works at Agoda, plan and execute against hiring requirements, facilitate researcher skill development, and bring visibility to leadership on the most strategic issues in user experience on Agoda products. Key activities and skills required for the role will include:
- Collaborating with Product vertical leaders to understand research needs, and work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders including data scientists, engineering and partner service managers to discover user pain points
- Guide UX Researchers in defining research questions and selecting appropriate methods of data collection to deliver stakeholder-relevant value at any stage of business
- Developing budgets and timelines for the User Research function
- Supporting UX researchers in evaluating research opportunities, e.g. determining the importance, urgency, and impact for team
- Developing strategic research activities and insights to answer key business questions effectively and efficiently
- Communicating with leadership effectively to highlight critical user issues that demand strategic attention
- Managing through ambiguity, work autonomously, and multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Adopting and adapting well-established methods according to product/project situations, and innovating new methods that scale.
- Building and delivering developmental goals for User Researchers to enable skills growth
- Researching, evaluating and executing opportunities to increase Research effectiveness and efficiency, including technology, tools and external vendors
- Support Researchers in reasonably challenging details of inbound research requests, and proposing solid research solutions.
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #singapore #berlin #shanghai #losangeles #boston #austin #toronto #luxembourg #munich #oslo #copenhagen #stockholm #helsinki #brussels #hamburg #stuttgart #taipei #hamburg #stuttgart #dublin #telaviv #sydney #melbourne #perth #vancouver #montreal #prague #paris #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #lisbon #amsterdam #russia #ukraine
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.