Head of Strategic Partnership – Tokyo BasedApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Strategic Partnerships is a team of creative entrepreneurs that develop solutions for Agoda’s and other Booking Holdings brands’ non-accommodation partners and promote our top and bottom-line growth. We design tailored business and product solutions with our partners and help them generate measurable value. Members of our team are empowered and supported to grow their market(s) or accounts. We develop win-win relationships and leverage Agoda’s and Booking Holdings’ unique travel product portfolio and tech solutions to bring our partners the advantages they seek. Utilizing our strong brand and resources, we build new channels to increase the visibility of Agoda and the other group companies, introduce more travellers to our great products and service and deliver significant profits to the overall business.
The key objectives of Head of Strategic Partnership, Strategic Partnerships are to lead and drive profitability growth through a wide array of third parties and distribution channels (e.g., Airlines, OTA, Travel Companies, Financial Institutions, Loyalty programs, and Ecommerce), and to initiate changes that will impact our commercial performance.
Head of Strategic Partnership, Strategic Partnerships will bring a strong leadership drive and commercial acumen coupled with operations and project management knowledge, high level of sales and consulting skills and technical savviness with the ability to develop, motivate, mentor, and coach subordinates and cross-functional teams.
This position is based in Tokyo
In This Role, You’ll Get To:
- Define, communicate and execute growth strategy for partnership business in Japan in alignment with department and company visions.
- Deliver on country commercial and profitability targets through robust performance management to enhance profitability and drive competitive advantage.
- Lead, coach and develop a multifunctional team through upskilling and coaching.
- Lead and own establishing/maintaining robust relationships at higher level with key partners, influencing key partnership expansions, identifying significant opportunities and convincing/onboarding strategic partners on a large scale.
- Autonomously lead, design, and execute team-wide innovations, improvements, business experiment and share data-driven learnings and create frameworks to scale it across partners and markets.
- Successfully influence and manage key internal stakeholders, upwards and cross-functionally, to set and drive common objectives and achieve business impact
- Coordinate with top management on strategic planning, objectives, and resource allocation to ensure the competitiveness of Agoda’s and other Booking Holdings group companies’ partnership products and services in the market.
- Effectively communicate business updates to senior leadership through Quarterly Business Reviews, Strategic Deep Dives and other ad hoc requests
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- More than 10 years of professional experience
- General management in online industry, project management and consulting experience.
- Strategic thinker, strong numerical and analytical skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English with strong interpersonal skills
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
- Resourceful, energetic, and self-driven personality.
- Ability to move fast, adapt well to and is energized by change.
- Relevant account management, business development experience highly valued
- Experience in/have strong connection with online travel/ e-commerce preferred
- MBA holder from a well-known institution preferred
- International experience strongly preferred
#MGMT #STRA #BD #tokyo #osaka #LI-KR1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.