FinTech & Product Counsel (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
As FinTech & Product Counsel – you will be part of a close-knit team responsible for legal, regulatory and policy developments relating to products created by Agoda (e.g., Cashback Rewards) and payments, including, issuing, acquiring, e-money, prepaid and online banking.
You will primarily focus on the legal design of various financial products, negotiating contracts with financial service providers and engage with the business to improve and expand our payment products and services.
We are looking for a solution-oriented team player with an international mindset and a sense of intercultural understanding who takes initiative, is able to build strong relationships and is fluent in English. If you are somebody who has interest and aptitude to understand regulations, processes, platforms and FinTech products in the e-commerce market, this is a great opportunity for you.
The successful candidate:
- has 4-6 years work experience as a lawyer, preferably in an international environment
- has a degree in Law from a respected university/law school
- has experience with drafting and negotiating agreements
- be a proactive team player in Agoda’s Legal department interacting cross-team with commercial legal, compliance and data privacy teams and also with other departments such as Finance, Tax, Treasury and Product
- has a hands-on approach to work, not afraid to roll up sleeves
- has critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- is able to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand
- a dynamic role in a fast-growing team of a reputable global company;
- working in an international environment
- great opportunities for further development in FinTech
- working in a personal team of service minded and highly skilled professionals
#LI-SS2 #3 #LGL #Bangkok #Singapore #Amsterdam #Hong Kong #London #Paris #Berlin #Frankfurt #Taiwan #Seoul #India
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.