People Operations Partner – Manager Level (Malaysia-based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The People Team is a purveyor of opportunity, searching the globe for the most talented individuals and offering them an open, collaborative workplace. By prioritizing skill and potential, we have cultivated a powerful assembly of professionals through our drive for equal opportunity and diversity. We make the move to Agoda a breeze with assisted onboarding programs, and we continue to support and enrich our thousands of Agoda employees through individual growth with outstanding learning programs and various means of assistance. Our development of incredible benefits has ensured everyone can stay strong, healthy, and happy during their time at Agoda. Leading ambitious changes and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees, the People Team is a crucial and rewarding part of the Agoda family.
Agoda is a dynamic and fast-changing environment. We expect the person in this role to be flexible in his or her understanding of the role and to be able and willing to adapt, to add additional areas of focus, and to respond to changing organizational needs, viewing them as an opportunity to grow and develop a varied portfolio of career skills.
The People Operations Partner is responsible in solving complex organizational challenges through people-led initiatives. The People Operations Partner will partner with a cross functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute strategy for how Agoda staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain, organize talent as well as manage attrition.
We are looking for a People Operations Partner (manager level) who will lead the People Operations Partner team in Malaysia. This person will be an integral part of the leadership and management team and, as such, will need to understand every aspect of the business, acting as a thought leader regarding People and Organizational topics and leading the team to drive change and support in the retention and people strategy for Malaysia.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Enhance the people and workplace experience through localized people initiatives throughout the employee lifecycle, partnering with functional people teams to deliver high-value People service to attract, retain and inspire employees and managers to grow at Agoda.
- Be the local HR primary point of contact for all senior leaders in Agoda Malaysia
- Manage a broad spectrum of People related matters and work to resolve them through a systematic approach, adhering to company policies, local employment laws and industry best practices
- Partner with respective business units and corporate governance team to set up new Agoda offices where applicable
- Partner with department heads and country leaders on their organizational design and change
- Analyze and share actional insights and trends with country leaders and department heads, partnering with Functional people teams on
- Annual People Survey
- Attrition and Exit insights
- Performance Management
- Retention strategy
- Oversees and ensures on-time delivery of regional team results with quality for ER related issues and queries
- Coach team and ensure high quality and consistent Employee relations case management within the regional in investigating ER cases, PIPs, performance reviews, exit survey and managing attrition data
- Champion People compliance and operations to minimize regulatory violations and eliminate rework
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in People management and People operations at a multi-national organization. Prior leadership experience in a fast growth environment strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant advanced degree (e.g., MA/MS or MBA) highly desirable
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: organizational design, business consulting, data analysis and employee relations
- Proven, deep analytic interest and problem-solving skills
- Superb, demonstrated quantitative skills with the highest degree of precision
- Excellent communication skills, including extensive experience meeting and presenting to senior executives
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
- Ability to work well with people in a highly multi-cultural environment
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and change in a dynamic environment
- Humility, flexibility, good interpersonal skills a must
#KualaLumpur #Manila #Jakarta #Hanoi #Hongkong #Singapore #Budapest #Shanghai #malaysia #philippines #indonesia #bangkok
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.