Account Manager – Japan, Agoda HomesApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda Homes – a core business line within Agoda – supports a wide range of non-hotel accommodation types, including Minpaku (民泊), serviced apartments, homes, private villas, farm stays, chalets, boats, and many more. While these accommodations were always available on Agoda, a changing market demands more focus on increasing supply and elevating their quality.
The key responsibility of this role is to grow the supply of non-hotel accommodation and improve the health of the supply (e.g. availability and content quality) within Japan. This role offers a unique combination of direct partner engagement (sales) and scalable project work. The Account Manager must manage the relationship with accommodation partners to tap opportunities that allow our mutual business to grow further. This includes identifying and acquiring new sources of supply, while maintaining existing relationships.
In addition, the Account Manager will engage in project-based assignments to grow supply in a scalable way. Project work will require analysis of large data sets and market intelligence to uncover strategic opportunities.
This role is based in our Tokyo, Japan office and reports to the Japan Regional Manager. Agoda Homes is an international team. You will have frequent opportunities to work with colleagues in different countries (Thailand, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Austria, etc.).
In this Role, you’ll get to:
Business Development & Account Management (70%)
- Focus on business development area. Drive the overall supply health of assigned portfolio, which includes growing the business through targeted sourcing of new accommodation partners
- Leverage analytical and problem-solving skills to drive the supply health of assigned portfolio
- Optimize existing supply by offering products to match market demands, improving business performance for accommodation partners
- Prepare materials to aid in growing our business during partner meetings
Project Management (30%)
- Execute scalable initiatives/projects to drive growth
- For example, drive cross-country initiatives to improve supply heath metrics, execute nurturing campaigns to approach partners in the long tail, and consolidate feedback from hosts to understand product gaps/feature requests
***Please note that the duties of this role may change at any time due to changing needs of the department
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and above
- Experience in either a) business-to-business sales or b) analytical positions such as project management and planning with a willingness to engage in sales activities
- Fast learner, adapts well to and is energized by change
- Results-oriented strategic thinker, who is assertive and full of initiatives
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills. Able to identify high-impact opportunities and objectively evaluate projects
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence both internal / external stakeholders
- Business level Japanese verbal and written for external and internal communications (You’ll work with Homes team colleagues across countries frequently)
- Proficient in Excel (such as vlookup, pivot tables, macro not required), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to query from database (SQL) and familiarity with business analytics tools such as Tableau is a plus
#tokyo #osaka #BD #SALE #3 #4 #LI-PT1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.