Flights Commercial Team (Jakarta Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
This role is based in Indonesia with travel to Bangkok expected.
Agoda first started selling air tickets in late 2019; we are currently looking to grow the commercial team in Indonesia to help grow our young Flights business into a market leader in APAC.
As part of the Flights Commercial Team, you will have the responsibility of looking after our partners in Indonesia. You will be responsible for identifying new partners and opportunities, cultivating a relationship with them, and working together with them to deliver the best outcome for our end customers. You would also be responsible with managing the day to day interaction with the partner and working closely with other teams within Agoda to ensure the partners needs are met.
You will be an individual contributor; you will be responsible and fully empowered to work with the partners on the ground. You will be supported by a team within the Supply department and work closely with other Flight Commercial Team members within Agoda. You will report to a Director of Flights Commercial in the Supply Department.
You will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting and brand new team and new business vertical for Agoda and have the rare opportunity of joining a ‘start-up’ within an established company.
In this role, you are responsible for:
- Developing and executing business strategies to achieve short- and long-term goals;
- Overseeing the Flights partners and performance in your market; including commercial negotiations, operations, pricing and availability;
- Regularly interacting with other team members in the Flights Commercial Team as well as with other Flights stakeholders within Agoda (Product, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Tax) providing partner, industry, market and product insights;
- Maintaining positive and trust-based relations with air suppliers and key business partners overall;
- Having a strong sense of Ownership and end to end responsibilities with the partner. Detail oriented and able to be deeply involved in understanding the needs;
- Ability to negotiate, communicate, manage difficult conversations and build strong and trusted relationship with partners
- Analyzing the online travel ecosystem, markets, competitive landscape, and requirements;
- Identifying, conceptualizing, launching, and optimizing products and features, experimenting, testing their performance, and iterating quickly;
- Developing innovative solutions to difficult problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- OTA experience covering multiple aspects (Product knowledge, Operations, Commercial negotiations, Legal) preferred or
- Flights industry experience (preferably within APAC) in multiple domains such as supply/distribution, user experience, marketing, customer service, tax, legal, etc.;
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and data to inform and influence decision-making;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written in English) and expert business communication in Indonesian;
- Entrepreneurial and analytical skills; able to break down complex problems and driving and managing change;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic initiatives and end-to-end business plans;
It’s great if you have:
- MBA or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics; and
- Comfort using data tools such as SQL, Python, R or equivalent.
#4 #indonesia #bahasa
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.