Regional Customer Service Manager (Chinese speaking, KL Malaysia)Apply Now
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Agoda’s Customer Experience Group (CEG) is a 1,700+ strong organization spread globally across 8 countries providing multi-channel and multi-language contact center support to its customers post sale. It is an exciting time for CEG as it evolves and grows with market demand and product changes.
This role is responsible for leading the customer service teams supporting Chinese Languages (Chinese, Cantonese) as they provide support to customers across voice, email, chat, and back-office activities. This position is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Manager of Customer Experience Group provides vision, leadership, and guidance to each team leader and associates in the key operating areas through performance and goal setting. Effectively communicates with team, developing a climate in which information is shared openly. Clearly defines team goals and expectations. Develops tactical plans to reach these goals. This role requires a high level of personal and professional skills associated with running global operations teams. First and foremost, this is a people leader role and enabling local teams to be successful is core to the role. In addition to being a brilliant people leader and communicator, the ideal candidate will bring a vision, a sense of curiosity, a passion for travel, keen analytical skills, a tech-centric mindset, and a willingness to lead by example.
This position will report to the Head of Customer Service Delivery: North Asia and is open to both local and foreign candidates and we will provide a relocation package for the right candidate, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Malaysia.
- Identifies operational issues affecting the team and credibly explains this with the use of relevant data to customer service leaders along with recommendations that consider overall business impact (such as cost, service levels, team engagement)
- Understands key drivers of SLA performance and recommends structural adjustments to customer service leaders and enablement teams to ensure team resources are optimally utilized
- Understand call routing strategies, good understanding of metrics used to evaluate call center performance, familiar with principles of workforce management (understanding how to ensure sufficient workforce availability and levers to influence workforce availability), basic process improvement
- Takes ownership to understand how changes outside the team (g., new suppliers, changes to SOP, new product lines) will impact team and prepares team well for this through combination of large group meetings and effective 1-on-1 coaching
- Understands the key drivers of customer satisfaction & dissatisfaction and works with customer service leaders to address customer dissatisfaction and implement self-healing processes where possible
- Regularly review customer feedback and QA insights to help educate teams about Agoda products and services as well as identify customer handling improvement opportunities
- Invests energy to inspire, coach, mentor, and develop emerging customer service leaders so we develop individuals as well as organizational resilience
- Raises the bar on talent through serving as faculty in internal learning programs, or helping inform development of new L&D programs, or helping to attract credible external talent
- Creates a positive team culture, employee engagement where teams understand and live Agoda values, particularly around taking ownership and striving to be their best
- Ensures teams “get the right results, the right way”; goes beyond numerical team SLA achievement to build an ethical team culture
- Significant customer service and leadership experience are essential
- Strong background in multi-channel Contact Center / BPO operations: demonstrated experience in scaling leadership roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and familiarity and ability to converse in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Knowledge of PC applications / tech savvy
- Excellent listening skills, critical-thinker, and problem solver with attention to detail
- Excellent personal and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of individuals, including building strong partnerships with other departments
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and effectively manage different timelines
- Must be an assertive team player with high energy to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with very minimal guidance or supervision in a time critical environment.
- Strong time management skill.
- Must have a strong track record of evaluating, analyzing, implementing, leading, and monitoring effective and efficient processes to proactively improve center efficiency and staff performance.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and effectively manage different timelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.