International Payroll Partner (Based in BKK)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The People Team is a purveyor of opportunity, searching the globe for the most talented individuals and offering them an open, collaborative workplace. By prioritizing skill and potential, we have cultivated a powerful assembly of professionals through our drive for equal opportunity and diversity. We make the move to Agoda a breeze with assisted onboarding programs, and we continue to support and enrich our thousands of Agoda employees through individual growth with outstanding learning programs and various means of assistance. Our development of incredible benefits has ensured everyone can stay strong, healthy, and happy during their time at Agoda. Leading ambitious changes and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees, the People Team is a crucial and rewarding part of the Agoda family.
As a member of our high-performing Global Payroll team based in Bangkok, you will play an integral role in helping us to build a world-class global payroll process to support our employees from around the world. Reporting to the International Payroll Manager, the Payroll Partner is responsible for the timely processing of assigned international payroll transactions and ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations.
In this Role, you’ll be:
- Responsible for monthly payroll activities such as collating and validating inputs, outputs, and statutory payments for assigned countries.
- Coordinating with external payroll vendor to ensure timely and accurate payments and filing of taxes, social security fund, provident fund, and other third-party payment to the government authorities.
- Managing payroll vendors by strictly adhering to the contract and SLA and to ensure compliance to local regulatory requirements.
- Managing enquiries relating to payroll matters from internal and external stakeholders, and provide advice as required.
- Participating and supporting ad-hoc projects relating to new process implementations or enhancements and to perform user testing on systems.
- Working internally with People’s team at large to set up processes, procedures, and policies.
- Supporting external and internal audits.
- Owning and driving process improvement initiatives for respective assigned countries.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in any field
- At least 3 years of People Operations or end-to-end Payroll experience in an international fast-paced organization.
- Has experience in managing multiple countries’ payroll. Experience in managing Asia Pacific payroll is a plus
- Proven track records on process improvement and/or automation implementations.
- Comfortable in owning and driving projects as your role is 60% payroll processing and 40% project management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluency in English is a must.
- Strong analytical, articulation and problem-solving skills, with great attention to details.
- Proficient in all MS products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience in Workday is preferred, but not a must.
- Highly organized, task focused and very meticulous.
- Resilience to work under tight deadlines and under pressure.
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
#kualalumpur #manila #singapore #newdelhi #bangalore #jakarta #shanghai
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.