Senior/User Experience Researcher (Bangkok-based, Relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
We have only scratched the surface. The online travel industry is an extremely dynamic and competitive space. We aim to deliver compelling designs that create a world-class customer experience. You will have a key role in defining the future of our products that reach millions of customers. Despite our size, we operate in a startup-like environment.
Work in the heart of Asia. This is an amazing opportunity if you’re looking for an exciting adventure abroad while expanding your international research capabilities. You get a chance to live in one of the most beautiful and most visited cities in the world!
This position is open to worldwide candidates and we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
The Domain of Marketing:
We’re obsessed with creating compelling experiences for our millions of customers, across our travel booking experiences. We want to make travel easy, and for everyone with an all-in-one shop experience on Agoda.
The Marketing Product Team is trying to bring users, directly or through paid channels, to Agoda, so that over time, when users think of travel, they think of Agoda first. The team is highly data-driven and focused on developing at-scale, measurable, marketing programs & features that improve the lifetime value of Agoda customers. With travel being an infrequently used product, this is far more challenging to do than in a regular e-commerce context. The role of research thus becomes increasingly important, to help us understand how users decide where to book, how we can become their default choice, and so on. Of course, as a highly data-driven company, all insights need to translate into compelling data, as our UX researchers partner with product managers and analysts.
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Social Science, or any related field
- 3~6 years of relevant experience in consumer-facing business domains
- You are very comfortable with planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (metrics, survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- Experience in evaluating, negotiating, and working with external research vendors
- Be able to describe user problems and business opportunities to a variety of stakeholders by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data
- You are able to demonstrate critical thinking beyond business requests.
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders (in English)
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, and creative environment
You will own end-to-end planning, execution, analysis, and reporting of research projects, and you will need to consistently achieve research outputs required by the design team and product team for their pursuits and occasionally inform strategic decisions in Product approach or business domain direction:
- Collaborating with UX designers and product managers to understand research needs and work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders, including data scientists, engineering, and partner service managers to probe deeper insights
- Defining research questions and selecting appropriate data collection methods to deliver stakeholder-relevant value at any stage of business.
- Developing budgets and timelines for research projects
- Shows good judgment when evaluating research opportunities, e.g. determines the importance, urgency, and impact on team
- Develops research activities and insights to answer key business questions effectively and efficiently.
- Recruiting participants for research studies
- Conducting design research studies and analyzing the data collected, generate insights that influence how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Manage through ambiguity, work autonomously, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Adopts and adapts well-established methods according to product/project situations, and innovates new methods that scale.
- Collaborate with other insights functions to ensure scope of work is informed by previous learnings, and elevate insights to additional depths.
- Work with data team to query and synthesis out insights that support designers’ or product managers’ hypothesis
- Reasonably challenges details of inbound research requests, and proposes solid research solutions.
- Lead end-to-end research activities – including driving research objectives, hypotheses, methodology, execution, analysis, and communication
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #singapore #berlin #shanghai #losangeles #boston #austin #toronto #luxembourg #munich #oslo #copenhagen #stockholm #helsinki #brussels #hamburg #stuttgart #taipei #hamburg #stuttgart #dublin #telaviv #sydney #melbourne #perth #vancouver #montreal #prague #paris #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #lisbon #amsterdam
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.