Account Payable Assistant Manager (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
This role mainly focuses on new projects/initiatives, supervisory of post-go-live processes/workflow of those projects/initiatives, and process improvements of AP functions. You will get chances to learn about our products, businesses, workflows and be a part that makes things happen. Your role could involve the implementation of a new payment method, payment for new products, and design data flow and workflow for new projects/initiatives.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Perform day to day accounts payable, payment, and month-end closing tasks for AP related accounts
- Ensure that financial data, for which you are responsible, is accurate and delivered on-time
- Monitor accounting and associated IT systems to appropriately create debtors/creditor/nominal ledger and booking system interdependencies
- Supervises the day-to-day work of the team members. Ensures quality completion of all deliverables as per agreed service levels
- Involve/lead assigned projects/initiatives which may include continuous process improvement & other quality initiatives. Ensure that assigned projects/initiatives are completed on time with quality results.
- Provide support in transaction processing (including review & approval), particularly for more complex transactions.
- Support the team to deliver ad hoc requests/projects
- Ensure that the processes are compliant with internal control (SOX)
- Ensure that unusual items or cases are brought up for discussion appropriately and solved within the deadline
- Proactive partnering, ensure fairly support stakeholders within Finance and outside of Finance
- Resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Contribute to the overall management and development of the P2P Tower, including the successful achievement of its goals and objectives
- Resolve payment related queries with satisfactory outcomes
- Provide inputs on required changes to related daily activities and reports
- Elimination of unnecessary processes
- Keep up to date on new central bank regulations/payments regulations
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years experiences in Accounts Payable Accounting or related field.
- Working in Multinational Company and travel industry is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skill, problem solving, prioritization, proactive handling and teamwork with ability to meet deadline.
- Provide support in transactions processing (including review & approval) particularly for more complex transactions.
- Proficient in MS Office Application.
- Dynamic and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Team working skills – ability to collaborate, influence and mediate effectively with other teams both within and outside of finance
- Experience in Project Management
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- Experience in leadership and team management skills
- Experience in presentation, communications technology including PowerPoint and engaging, articulate presentations
It’s Great If You Have:
- CPA and Audit background
- Experience in payment solutions or credit card environment
- Knowledge of SQL and data analysis tools
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.